I killed another vp.... it's p pump time.

Anna, I never got back to you on the lines, I have a set of stock size P-Pump injection lines that you can have for free, if there is anything else that you might need you can have that too, I put a 12V in the truck!

Shoot me your address on F/B and I'll get them out this next week!

Jim

Jim, you are an angel! I love you more than a little bit right now!!!!

Ok, here's an update on this project. I finally have all the crap I need (I think).
I've got a stock 180 pump, with no fuel plate (I'll probably find a stock fuel plate to use) and an AFC housing off of something else (don't know what it came from I hope it works LOL).
My fuel shutoff solenoid came from a Ford Cummins (hahahahahaha, some people are going to have a heyday with this), it seems larger than the ones that came on 12v trucks.
I have the front cover and pump gear off of a couple random 12v's.
Jim Fulmer hooked me up with a set of lines, he's the bestest EVER and I owe him a big hug and maybe a kiss next time I see him.
I got all my gaskets and seals from Snedgiepoo! (As always Jeff, you rock)
The linkage kit and cam sensor should be here this week from Crazy Carl.
I'm putting a Diesel Pros drop in cam in the truck. (Thanks to Chris Simpson for the cam and most of the 12v parts)
I'll upgrade permanently to the JL Machine 7 x .012 injectors I bought from Jamie a couple years back.

Before the pump died, the truck saw 376 hp with the following mods : Dr Performance Stage 5 box, ARP head studs, DDP 50 hp injectors, Simpson Diesel Intake Horn, Valair single disc ceramic clutch, and a Dr Performance fuel pump.

I will be working on the swap in the evenings after school, and I hope to get it running by next weekend.

Anything I'm missing?

Anyone wanna take guesses on what kinda HP I'll see once it's done?

Anyone wanna take guesses on how long my lift pump and clutch last?

More details as the swap goes on......

Anna good luck with the swap and as long as it beats Tyler who care how much hp it has?

Good to hear! Stock turbo? I bet you put a hurting on that thing around 400..

Ok, here's an update on this project. I finally have all the crap I need (I think).
I've got a stock 180 pump, with no fuel plate (I'll probably find a stock fuel plate to use) and an AFC housing off of something else (don't know what it came from I hope it works LOL).
My fuel shutoff solenoid came from a Ford Cummins (hahahahahaha, some people are going to have a heyday with this), it seems larger than the ones that came on 12v trucks.
I have the front cover and pump gear off of a couple random 12v's.
Jim Fulmer hooked me up with a set of lines, he's the bestest EVER and I owe him a big hug and maybe a kiss next time I see him.
I got all my gaskets and seals from Snedgiepoo! (As always Jeff, you rock)
The linkage kit and cam sensor should be here this week from Crazy Carl.
I'm putting a Diesel Pros drop in cam in the truck. (Thanks to Chris Simpson for the cam and most of the 12v parts)
I'll upgrade permanently to the JL Machine 7 x .012 injectors I bought from Jamie a couple years back.

Before the pump died, the truck saw 376 hp with the following mods : Dr Performance Stage 5 box, ARP head studs, DDP 50 hp injectors, Simpson Diesel Intake Horn, Valair single disc ceramic clutch, and a Dr Performance fuel pump.

I will be working on the swap in the evenings after school, and I hope to get it running by next weekend.

Anything I'm missing?

Anyone wanna take guesses on what kinda HP I'll see once it's done?

Anyone wanna take guesses on how long my lift pump and clutch last?

More details as the swap goes on......

Driver's side oil line, fuel inlet fitting, if you don't already have it. I recommend blocking off the front breather and getting valve cover breathers.

Good luck with the build Anna If anyone else has a set of pPump lines around let me know.

Anna good luck with the swap and as long as it beats Tyler who care how much hp it has?

LOL Klipherd! That's mean..... but, it is a goal of mine....

Good to hear! Stock turbo? I bet you put a hurting on that thing around 400..

Yes stock turbo. Holset makes a badass turbo! I've opened a nitrous bottle directly into this turbo 3 times, and I'm running it with a blocked off wastegate (peaks at 43 lbs of boost) and it still feels like a new turbo.... absolutely no axial play. Later on down the road (meaning when I have more funds to waste) I'll do a compound set up with the stock turbo as secondary, and this GT4294 I've had for 2 years as primary.

Driver's side oil line, fuel inlet fitting, if you don't already have it. I recommend blocking off the front breather and getting valve cover breathers.

I am NOT going to cut up my pretty pink valve cover! Thanks for telling me what I'm missing though, most of that stuff I can get locally.

Good luck with the build Anna If anyone else has a set of pPump lines around let me know.

Several people on this site had some for sale.

Yes stock turbo. Holset makes a badass turbo! I've opened a nitrous bottle directly into this turbo 3 times, and I'm running it with a blocked off wastegate (peaks at 43 lbs of boost) and it still feels like a new turbo.... absolutely no axial play. Later on down the road (meaning when I have more funds to waste) I'll do a compound set up with the stock turbo as secondary, and this GT4294 I've had for 2 years as primary.

I agree with that, I just did 430 and 841 on this he351at 48psi, funny thing is I have a 4294 to put under mine too... Will do that shortly I hope.

Smart idea on the 351, I like that turbo too.

Glad I could help Anna, if I were closer i'd help you swap it over.

Jim

You've done plenty Jim! Instead of making you work as repayment for your generosity, next time I see you, I'll let you drive it! :)

I am NOT going to cut up my pretty pink valve cover! Thanks for telling me what I'm missing though, most of that stuff I can get locally.

QUOTE]

Lol, just a suggestion. The oil comes out the pump right there at the front cover beather and we oiled down the underside of a truck on a hard run the first time we did a conversion not knowing.

Get a 12v tappet cover to help with breathing. or at least add some venting tubes to the 2v tappet cover. Because oil WILL leak form the stock breather.

I would be willing to do the tappet cover before I chop up my valve cover. I'm ridiculously fond of it.

I would be willing to do the tappet cover before I chop up my valve cover. I'm ridiculously fond of it.

Tappet cover is on me. :Cheer: Anything else you need, just let me know. I'd be glad to help you out as much as possible after all you've done for me in the past.

Jamie, you're a doll, but I have one, and it's already pink LOL

Bill Fletcher is sending me some 5k springs this week (Is that dude not awesome?!?!?!) so the truck won't be finished until those show up. You could "sponsor" me some aftermarket valve springs if you have some laying around :p

I didnt read that part I guess. lol Pink instead of billet? Damn girl! lol