i need fast fords for april 5th obx race

i live in virginia beach . who did you talk to who speacializes in the 6.0?

i wantedto mention in this thread as well that diesel power will be in attendance at this event...

Fuel money and compensation for time off work. LOL J/K Would be there if it was closer for sure. Sounds like a fun event!

FirstOnRaceDay said:
My truck ran a best of 8.54 in the 1/8 with just a tuner, exaust and intake on 33-12.50's. That was before I got stupid.

Dang! Nice time! . . . Would weight make that much of a difference? My best 1/8th mile has been 8.87. I know your lighter but 3/10th's??? Was that on Tadd's tunes? Aftermarket fuel system or stock? Stock Trans?

i ran an 8.5 in the 1/8 last year with a stock fuel system and stock trans but things will be different this year. :evil

Rave told me he had somebody that was hoping to run real fast

reg-cab said:
i ran an 8.5 in the 1/8 last year with a stock fuel system and stock trans but things will be different this year. :evil

Wow! That's fast. Your truck is Regular Cab? Stripped model? What's your weight? I suppose it can make that much difference if your truck is 1,000lbs or so lighter. 3/10ths in the 1/8th is a lot though. That could be almost 1/2 second in the 1/4 mile. You should be running 13.3X in the 1/4 with that 1/8th mile time. Incredible! Who's tunes?

Last edited:
it was with tadds tunes . with me in it its about 6900 lbs. i got some more goodies on they way from elite. :rockwoot:

reg-cab said:
it was with tadds tunes . with me in it its about 6900 lbs. i got some more goodies on they way from elite. :rockwoot:

That's a nice race weight. I have never weighed mine but I would venture to guess it is around 7,800-7,900lbs with me in it. Guess I should get it weighed. Great times!

my 06 with me in it weighs in at 7800 lbs cc 4x4 and the reg cab not sure yet havent put it on the scales but im guessing with the racing seats instead of the bench and no carpet its around 6500! going to put it on a diet when im ready to race it

nice,this is getting closer by the day..gonna be a great time.....