I need.....

BFD99

The Stig
jesse, i need a few items, just thought i would check with you to see if you could get them
This is for a 2004 F-350 Dually 4x4
2" Spacer for rear duals or whatever size is recommended.
Leveling Kit
What is the largest size tires that can be run on this thing with this setup? I saw a guy on here with an 06 was running 2" rear spacers with 305/70-17s and it looked awesome. Thinking of either Nitto Terra Grapplers or Toyo Open Country A/Ts. In something similiar in size to the 305/70-17s but obviously need a tire for a 16" wheel so what size is similar to the 34 inch tall tire that guy is running in the thread below? Here is the thread
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21950
Thanks,
Dex

probably whatever jesse says, i would assume spring pack, isn't that what most leveling kits include?

you might want to do hangers/shackles dex - would probably run you less and it would let you keep the way your stock suspension feels.

you think it will be that bad jory? it's getting like 14 right now plus it has 4.10s and it's turning like 2500 rpms at like 70 or 75 mph, i would think a little taller tires might actually help it a bit? Alright brad, will ask jesse about it if he ever gets on here... :hehe:

Just from my personal experience...I went from 235's to 285's and lost 2 mpg just by adding spacers and wider tires. Thought you might want to consider. I'm going back to 255's next time and try to get a little back by keeping the hiegth but going narrower.

hmm, well the truck is gonna be parked mostly, and my dad will be rolling in our 99 2 door tahoe and i'll be in my 95 2 door yukon, so mileage won't really be too much of an issue. I am the only one to ever calculate it anyways... LOL

If you run 2" spring hangers you will keep your factory ride, if you go with springs you will stiffen it up a bit.

You can go with a DR mini spring kit and not change your ride. I believe the mini kit will get you about 2.5" in the front, you can reuse your stock shocks and it will cost you about $300.
Hangers and shackles are a more involved job and will cost more money unless you get the ebay shackle lift everyone seems to be selling.
What ever you decide, don't skimp. Spend the money and buy quality stuff from the start.

yup - dont skimp.
i dont know that id say hangers are any more involved than a mini-pack.....but as you know, good luck getting anything DR.....even if you wanted to.

you might get a little better MPG if you stay with a narrowish tire since youre already running 4.10s. personally i dont think the added weight would be that much of an issue. either way, who cares - unless youre getting something REALLY BAD lift trumps mpg anyway ;)

edit: wait - youre going to try to run a 16" wheel? unless you have them on the truck now and dont have any problems, i wouldnt - thats a bit small for clearance on SDs IMHO

Last edited:
16" wheel is what is on all 99-04 duallies brad, what would you suggest then, to help make the truck have a tougher appearance?

really? id swear one of my friends had 17s stock on his .... probably wrong tho, cant say ive ever payed a lot of attention to his stockers.

the $$ youll spend on tires going to be less for 16s than anything larger (which ive never understood since theres actually more rubber there)

if you want to stick with the 16s, just make sure that you dont get overly wide tires (no 15.50s etc) but personally id look for some 18s .... or for a dually maybe some 22.5s?

yeah but trying to keep it relatively cheap, stock tires have about 5-10k left on them, just want something a little bit bigger. 22.5's would be cool, but are damn expensive and heavy! That is why i was thinking something around 33-35" in size with a leveling kit and rear dual spacers.

22.5" look retarded IMO -- Makes a dually look like one of those Micro Machines with the oversized wheels...

_CH_ said:
yup - dont skimp.
i dont know that id say hangers are any more involved than a mini-pack.....but as you know, good luck getting anything DR.....even if you wanted to.

I have never done a mini kit install but I have done a full hanger/shackle install. I say hanger kits are more involved because for a mini kit install you remove the u-bolts, lower the front axle a little bit, and add the new mini pack. Hangers are a bit more involved then that. A hanger kit install is most likely a two man job. Mini kit can be done alone

Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/km Difference
305/70-17 214mm 429mm 859mm 2698mm 371 0.0%
325/70-16 228mm 431mm 861mm 2706mm 370 0.3%

I think id recommend the 325/70R16 Terra Grap for that type of look. Its like a 34x1350.

Id recommend the hanger kit to keep the factory ride + shocks (if you wanted) to improve on it a little. Yes, typically id say the mini-pack as it leaves the stock shocks in the same dimensions, and its easier to install than the hangers, while netting a factory ride....yet Icon/DR is not going to be shipping anything like that for a good while, and honestly dont know that I want to be dealing with them at all at the moment.

I can also get the wheel spacers (hubcenteric with factory studs, fine thread)

Shooting you a PM now.

BFD99 said:
hmm, well the truck is gonna be parked mostly, and my dad will be rolling in our 99 2 door tahoe and i'll be in my 95 2 door yukon, so mileage won't really be too much of an issue. I am the only one to ever calculate it anyways... LOL

You just got caught Dex:aiwebs_024: I can see that you don't pay for the fuel, so why care anyway about what Dad pays for Fuel---huh

Actually looks do trump mileage sometimes-------------