I shouldn't be left alone to think

Remember when I said the minimum size allowed was tripple 71's? I take that back, now it's 74s. Blame Chris for that.

I have a 78 I could put on the manifold if you want to keep upping the ante? Heck I even have a 3.6" charger I could throw on....

Chris

Screw you guys that have turbo's just sitting around all over!!!!

my turbo + :evil +:rockwoot:= :st: :soap:!!!!!!!!!!!

How about you send some of those turbo's my way!! I'll help you fight your hoarding problem. one turbo at a time :)

I really need a better turbo if you cant tell....

think you have too much time to think? I am trying to think of a way to make a valve in the intake and the exhaust that swaps over, so that all 4 valves, ( or both ) can be open on intake and exhaust. on the intake side, the valve closes off the exhaust manifold and opens tha tport to the intake, allowing the fresh charge to flow in through all the valves, and runners. on exhaust it reverses, shutting down the intake side and allows for exhaust to flow out all valves to the exhaust manifold. sure there would be some mixing of the charge and exhaust, but I didn't say my thought was perfect.

it would seal off the runners to the intake, and open a path to the exhaust manifold, allowing exahaust to flow out all valves to the exhaust. Then on the next stroke it would seal off the runners to the exhaust and open the path to the intake allowing charge air to enter the cylinder through all the valves in the cylinder.

So it would allow the intake charge to enter through all four valves, and the exhaust charge to do the same. This would increase flow by at least 50%. Very good idea! Make it happen.

the valve doesn't sound like it would flow very well... how would you keep that valve alive at 4000rpm? it would have to be switching at 24,000 cycles per minute at that engine speed

It would have to be another, set of valves/valvespring assemblies with their own cam. But what about heat transferring? Turbulence? What about just having semi-circle valves where the intake valve is almost half of the upper combustion chamber?
Or, have you guys ever heard of rotary heads? where there are no valves/valvesprings and the cam lobes are rather large, protrude partially into the combustion chamber, and have notches in them to allow a certain amount of air in as it revolves.... but you cant really seal it off too well I dont think. Maybe like apex seals on a wankel rotary. dunno. guess they have a diesel engine with it already.

here is a pic: http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2007/12/pic06.jpg

Last edited:
Back