i swear i gonna burn it !

moneymaker44

I am going out of my freaking mind just got the head gasket fixed truck running great get to work and the dad gum front seal is leaking like a stuck pig ! i am getting tired of working on this thing ! *bdh*

We've all had something like this. Most of the time you'll get 90% of it fixed and say Fuur get it! The next fella buys it and never has a problem with it. LOL

hahaha. i know exactly how u feel man. seems like it just never ends, and anything that can go wrong, WILL!

well i don't mind fixing it but just getting tired of working on it every weekend. blew head gasket pulled head one weekend waited on gasket to arrive and had to put it back togeather the next weekend. everything was going good then i get to work and big freaking puddle of oil #$&%$*(&^

it is not a hard thing to fix it is just i spent the last 3 weekends under that darn hood.

this one i am going to try to fix in the morning before i go to work !

While i've not done anything nearly as advanced as you have on this truck yet, I understand where you're coming from. I got my truck from waaaaaay up north and it's seen some decent amount of corrosion. I don't even want to touch fuel fittings, lines, etc. cause everytime I do in order to fix/upgrade something it seems I find another damn leak.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I know where you're coming from. Took care of my front main when I tabbed the KDP back when I first got it. But, yeah, I've had the head off several times and been all over the under side of that truck. You know it's bad when you can lay out the tools you'll need for any given project and never have to walk back to the toolbox because you forgot something.

OK well its not the front seal after more investigation ! it is the %(*&)*(^&%(&$& head gasket again leaking right out the front ! I guess i better do some checking ! either timing is to high or something head gasket did not even last a week . .090 marine not holding ?

I've you've gone through more than one headgasket with the same set of parts, somethings not as flat as it needs to be. How far out of spec were the decks of the block and head?

well kind of hard to run an indicator down the block but straight edge was flush and the head was good on a straight edge . i am going to load up the head bring it to work indicate the head . i think the head gasket was bowed from shipping plus schields after you place an order does not ship for a few days and i think this one might have gotten slightly damaged in shipping.

We gotta get a local parts house to get these things from. freaking cummins wanted 180.00 for the gasket only and was not in stock .

oh i am going to double check my timing as well to make sure i am at 16* one more time ! i double checked it when i did it but one more check just in case i made a mistake and got the timing to high.

no studs but most boost i hit is 43-45
and not very often this one i may have hit max boost 1 time before she let go.

get studs... they clamp harder than bolts, that's all there is to it

I'd just pony up for a cometic MLS gasket... not that much more than the gasket you're wanting.

have the head milled flat... the block is probably frowning, they all do to some extend, but the heads smile, so you might as well get it trued up

i guess if i would do a search before asking dumb questions it would help LOL
who else cometic has them DUH

moneymaker44 said:
We gotta get a local parts house to get these things from. freaking cummins wanted 180.00 for the gasket only and was not in stock .

Jiminie Christmas Batman!!!! What gasket from Cummins is $180.00 alone ?
What part # are you ordering?

it is the .020 over marine gasket i don't have the number on hand but yeah i like to have passed a kidney when i heard that my self .

Last edited:
i spoke with Joe Hellman today and he pretty much confirmed what i figured was happening ! lots of low end fuel and lots of fuel period getting some high preassure and gasket goes pop. OH very nice Gentalman i might add and knows his 12 V's .

and spoken like a True comp D. member he say's "Let's face it you might as well because you are always going to want to add more " LOL it is like he knows me.

Told you Joe is a great guy to deal with! When you take your head to him he'll BS with ya about your truck and stuff and I got to poke around his drag truck and check it out :) lol.