I swoled it...

Im with everyone else and I just dont think that there wouldnt be any bearing or crank damage if it was the bolt that failed. I think it just caught the wrath of the rod that decided to seperate with itself.

That engine was never rebuilt, It's a stock 160hp bottom end and I just swapped those A1 rod bolts in it after I cracked the original built 12v block I first put in the truck.

After looking at it in person, crank's fine. Cylinder bore is fine. Rod broke. Rod cap hit block, stretched bolt.

Cool....the broke end of the rod looked fishy....but I still fail to see how a bolt can stretch from hitting something?

Chris

I am looking for a complete short block to buy and go through. These are the parts I need. I want to flycut the pistons and run cam just a little larger than a street cam for insurance. Let me know if you guys have any of these parts.

Mahle pistons
Complete short block
Cam-Fletcher
Crank
Tappets-stock
Pushrods-stock
Fire ringed head gasket
Starter
Adapter plate
Arp rod bolts
Upper and lower seal kit
Cam retainer

Check out car-part.com or greenleaf in fla they are a huge recycler with good quality parts just my .02

I am looking for a complete short block to buy and go through. These are the parts I need. I want to flycut the pistons and run cam just a little larger than a street cam for insurance. Let me know if you guys have any of these parts.

Mahle pistons
Complete short block
Cam-Fletcher
Crank
Tappets-stock
Pushrods-stock
Fire ringed head gasket
Starter
Adapter plate
Arp rod bolts
Upper and lower seal kit
Cam retainer

I've got good used tappets, push rods, and a cam retainer. If you want them PM me your addy and I'll send them to you. I have a crank but it needs turned. It probably wouldn't take much though. And I'm pretty sure dazed and confused, Andy, has a complete VE 12v he's trying to sell reasonable. And another option is a guy on ebay that goes by redlinear usually has nice 12v blocks for like $450 shipped.

Last edited:
Ive got a brand new set of mahle pistons ,stock bore w/o rings if interested.Ive also got a built long block im tryin to get rid of pm me if interested.

Last edited:
G force of the rod smacking **** is enough to pull a bolt like that.
It would have spun or stacked bearings if the bolt was initiating. Also would have fretting at the rod cap where the bolt was allowing the cap to move.

Look at the short end of the rod for an inclusion in the steel and radii (beach marks) spanning away from that point. IF the break is rough and dark (matte looking) it was highspeed and impact contingent. I would like to see that camshaft fragment more. It looks great for something that should have had a rod trying to helicopter it.
Gonna look at the pics some more.
C12 skirts like to rupture and cut blocks in half. The rods and bolts usually look like that.

G force of the rod smacking **** is enough to pull a bolt like that.
It would have spun or stacked bearings if the bolt was initiating. Also would have fretting at the rod cap where the bolt was allowing the cap to move.

Look at the short end of the rod for an inclusion in the steel and radii (beach marks) spanning away from that point. IF the break is rough and dark (matte looking) it was highspeed and impact contingent. I would like to see that camshaft fragment more. It looks great for something that should have had a rod trying to helicopter it.
Gonna look at the pics some more.
C12 skirts like to rupture and cut blocks in half. The rods and bolts usually look like that.

what he said!

Chase I've got a stock set of 12V piston's and a stock 12V cam out of my 97 I will give you if you want...just cover shipping and there yours. ;)

Last edited:

Mahle pistons
Complete short block
Cam-Fletcher
Crank
Tappets-stock
Pushrods-stock
Fire ringed head gasket
Starter
Adapter plate
Arp rod bolts
Upper and lower seal kit
Cam retainer

No!!! Nobody has any freakin 12 valve stuff, stick with what we talked about bif

Guys, I really appreciate your generous offers. I am going to try to find a block and rotating assembily before I get back to you about the parts you offered. Lavon found a 91 complete motor for cheap and fletcher has always been the man about hooking me up, so we decided to go with the stage three cam he offers. I just have to get some ducks in a row.

I have a short block, minus the block, and 1 rod/piston. It has Brazilian rods.

Pm me if you need any of it.

Back