Icon/Deaver

LiftedBlackHD

I am getting ready to go from a 5.5" fab-tech set up to an 8" Icon. I have a couple of questions. For the best possible ride would I be better off purchasing the Deaver springs seperately or do the Icon springs ride just as good? Also If I go with the 8" front and 5" rear springs will I be able to clear 38x15.50R20's?

Thanks!

I am getting ready to go from a 5.5" fab-tech set up to an 8" Icon. I have a couple of questions. For the best possible ride would I be better off purchasing the Deaver springs seperately or do the Icon springs ride just as good? Also If I go with the 8" front and 5" rear springs will I be able to clear 38x15.50R20's?

Thanks!

Just go with the Icons, cheaper, ride is the same, and there are a few improvements.

Depending on the rim, you should clear them no problem.

Let me know if i can help you would with a price qoute, or any other questions.

- Jesse
239.337.LIFT

btw, with Icon 5"s + factory block...traction bars are going to be a must.

Skip Deaver there prices are outrageous. I called to get a set of 8" springs just so i could eliminate all my factory and afermarket blocks on the back and add a leaf. Their quote was over $700 for 2 springs!!! So i left the factory block and put in a procomp 5.5 pack and all is good.

If your not looking for the best ride out of a leaf sprung truck then there are a lot of cheaper options. If you want the best, you'll need Deaver springs.

Deaver was making all the springs for Donahoe at one time; which is now Icon. Did they switch to a different spring manufacturer???

Thanks again Paul! The system says it should have been delivered yesterday? Ordered on 8/8, out for delivery 8/11....that would have been quick had they made it.

I guess it may be there today...let me know if you dont have it tomorrow evening.

Either way, freight company already has an email.

....and yes, we all want pics! :rockwoot: