ICP sensor

iracemx6

Tried a new race file today and my truck was shuddering and running like crap.
Pulled a 2287 code which is ICP sensor if I'm correct.
How hard is it to change on a 2003?
Any tricks or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Oh boy, if you have to change it . . . .you are in for a treat!!

It is alllllllllllll the way on the back of the motor, it is really easy to get to with the trans pulled out thou. . . .

Snap! I heard it was tough,but was hoping someone knew of an easy or should I say easier way without pulling the turbo.
Thanks for the reply

I do them by reaching up from the botom and kinda working blind.
It sucks...but it's doable.

Look at the 6.0 Bible stickied up top for location.

Thanks! I think I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow.
I was told to pull the turbo to make it easier,but was hoping it could be done without doing that.
Between 3-4k rpms this thing is shuddering like crazy.
UNBROKEN said:
I do them by reaching up from the botom and kinda working blind.
It sucks...but it's doable.

Look at the 6.0 Bible stickied up top for location.

Just had mine replaced, along with the IPR, and I can tell you when it goes completly bad, it quits, fast!

Dalpilot
Did yours do it stock?
Mine only throws the code and acts crazy with a race file in.
I'm going to have the ICP and IPR at the same time.
Is it covered under warranty and if not what was the cost?
Thanks for the info!!
Oh,you still liking the spray?How much difference did a small shot make?
Gonna spray mine soon
Dalpilot said:
Just had mine replaced, along with the IPR, and I can tell you when it goes completly bad, it quits, fast!

Yeah it was covered under warranty, and started only with a tune in, then did it stock. Then it went on a flatbed, and they changed it out. It runs better now, but I still feel like i have an issue with something.

I do like the spray. I really haven't been able to play much, as I blew a line going to my purge valve and emptied damn near all of the $35.00 worth of NOS out of it. I had a small jet, 42 in it, and hit it, and it felt pretty good. That was with a race file without extra fueling too, so once I get the NOS file in, it should help a lot!

Hey UB or Tim,
How does a nos file run on the street? Can it be run daily or do you need to run the file only when you plan on using the bottle?

Its usually either oil quality has degraded or icp is being commanded so high and its not getting there because the pump is blowing off above 4000psi.

Doug, what are you saying?
That this is what causes the ICP sensor to screw up? Too much tune? Calling for to much fuel?

Im saying it could be a couple of things but from my memory the code is set because the ipr is being commanded to something like 99% and the icp is telling the computer hey buddy not a chance. So if the oil is airated due to it needing to be changed or just being crappy or the icp is being commanded so high it will never get there. like if you command 99% the pump will blow the relief at 4000psi and never get there. So the oil pressure will drop and the truck will shudder. the 03-04 pumps can be overflowed above the blow off but then you will cavitate the pump.

Do you mean that the '03-'04s are set higher on the relief? I hear of a few people with the '05+ are having the pumps crack the case's.
Are the '03s better quality?

Its not set higher on the relief. The relief just isn't big enough and the pump can over flow it. But then you run into the situation when the low pressure system can't supply enough to the pump and it cavitates. The cases of the 05-06 pumps aren't cracking its the branch tube that cracks. The 05-06 pump is the better way to go because the stock 05-06 pump will move more oil and picks up more oil down low.