ideas needed

onebadbia

Ok so we just got done putting a turbo off a 03 on to my 99 and now have ran into one problem. The clearance between the cac pipe and the turbo inlet is not wide enough to fit the factory air intake hose through it. Thats where the air intake hose is currently but the cac pipe is pushing it in restricting the air flow. I thought about relocating the battery and running the intake in front of the cac hose but I still think it would have to make a pretty big bend and I would still be in the same situation. Here are some pics let me know if you have any ideas.

edit* all but one pic is to large so i will resize the others and post them up

Attachments

• turboinstall045fg5_th.jpg
    turboinstall045fg5_th.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 38
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

is there any way to re-clock the compressor housing to where its pointing closer to straight at the intercooler inlet? i have an 03 turbo still on my truck and it looks to have a snap ring that holds the compressor housing on. you should be able to pull this snapring off and re-clock it. once you do this your intake will come over the top of your cac tub instead of under it and should solve your problems.

I am with James, re-clock the turbo down to a 6 o'clock position, so you have a straight shot to the intercooler. Looks to me like the oil feed line is a little close to the manifold, also.

WUnderwood said:
I am with James, re-clock the turbo down to a 6 o'clock position, so you have a straight shot to the intercooler. Looks to me like the oil feed line is a little close to the manifold, also.

X2

the CAC would pass under your intake tube. I've also trimmed the inner fender to move the piping away and then made a straight shot into the IC so you don't have to bend over when buying IC Boots.

Allright I see what yall are sayin. Ill take a look at it when I get a chance and see just how much Im gonna have to re do.

Thanks