Idle Haze...New sticks...

NYCEGUY01

OK, I have a question.
I am running a 1st gen motor in my Chevy truck.
For the last 3 years or so I have had a set of New Era ( JL ) 5x14's.
I only had 10-12k miles on them and over the 4th one of the tips split.

JL looked over the old sticks and told me they were all in pretty bad shape and offered to send me a new set for a very reasonable price and I took them up on it.

The new ones are the same size (5x14) as the ones I took out.

The new ones have way more haze at idle. At least 2 x's as much.

How much should I have ?

Nobody local to me has big injectors in a 1st gen. I know its way more than I had before but I dont know if its normal...

I used the copper washers that came with them. They apear to be the same thickness as the ones I had in before.

They seem to drive ok and I seem to have the same amount of smoke while under power as the old set.

My truck cleans up pretty good once the turbos light and has good power.

Hazing my be from the higher pop pressure.

When injectors become old, the pop pressure slowly comes down. When it comes down, the timing changes slightly. Timing is advanced in this case.

With new ones, the timing has now retarded. Try advancing the pump a bit. That should work.

OK, I have a question.
I am running a 1st gen motor in my Chevy truck.
For the last 3 years or so I have had a set of New Era ( JL ) 5x14's.
I only had 10-12k miles on them and over the 4th one of the tips split.

JL looked over the old sticks and told me they were all in pretty bad shape and offered to send me a new set for a very reasonable price and I took them up on it.

The new ones are the same size (5x14) as the ones I took out.

The new ones have way more haze at idle. At least 2 x's as much.

How much should I have ?

Nobody local to me has big injectors in a 1st gen. I know its way more than I had before but I dont know if its normal...

I used the copper washers that came with them. They apear to be the same thickness as the ones I had in before.

They seem to drive ok and I seem to have the same amount of smoke while under power as the old set.

My truck cleans up pretty good once the turbos light and has good power.

Are you from American fork utah?

Have you done anything else when you swapped injectors? i wouldnt worry too much about it really. when my injectors were getting on the bad side they hazed a lot. still does some now, but not near as much (rebuilt by weston)

Im from Ogden.

Its actually the opposite. The new ones haze more than the old ones did.

Everything else is the same as before the new sticks.

My 5x14s didn't haze at all...my 6x16s haze pretty hard.

my 6x.018s hazed when i had my ve pump they still haze now with p pump an they were freshened up an pop pressure reset to p pump pressures