Idle low oil pressure

1stack

I noticed when hauling my truck this weekend that when i let off the throttle and the engine came down to idle the dinger would sound and it would say "low oil pressure". The truck has 103k miles, stock nothing performance wise. Going to change oil and see what that does. Suggestions?

Sorry The above truck is an 03 lb7. Cold air kit and straight pipe thats it.

How low was the pressure? What weight? We have been having some crazy temps in PA so I am sure OH is the same. Either way, I would not be too worried about it unless you say it has 5lbs or something at idle.

Are you looking at the stock gauge?

My LMM only reads approx 25 at idle after a decent run down the strip...been that way since day one. It has 22k on her now.

Paul

ya stock gauge, always seems to run low pressure. Hopeing its not an injector problem.

We changed the oil and 4.5gallons came out. So the truck is going to a dealer tomorrow to get checked out, the injectors should be warranty work. The truck has always been stock, but the dealers around here doesn't like warranty work.

We changed the oil and 4.5gallons came out. So the truck is going to a dealer tomorrow to get checked out, the injectors should be warranty work. The truck has always been stock, but the dealers around here doesn't like warranty work.

WOW! Sorry to hear it. Good luck!

Normally when a 01 to 04 duramax says that 99 percent of time injectors took a dump. 16hrs of book labor if there not warranty work. SO 5k from what i been told.

buddy had his done for 3k at the dealer... enjoy eating that one!

Well thats a little better then what i was told. LOL

Ive found the injectors for 1300 for 8 with 1yr warranty. Id go that route if not under factory warranty which its out of its 7yr warranty or 200k

This truck is a close friend of mine. He took it to a local dealer today they checked it out and said injectors were bad. The problem is it is one month out of factory warranty. So he called GM they said the same and would not cover anything. They said new stock injectors were around $3000. To me thats shi..y service. So I guess he will have to eat that cost.

Tell him he can get them for 1300 and he do the labor! DONT let the dealer do it!!!

Not sure what year you have but there is a service bulletin on LB7 injectors that extends coverage out to 200,000 miles. I would check to make sure it not covered by that before I gave up.

He is over one month on the 7year so gm says its on him. The truck only has 103k miles. We've been calling around and getting prices on stock and 100hp. Not sure on what hes going to buy. Pensacola injection seems to be the cheapest so far.

There is a guy on dmax forum that sells reman injectors with year warranty for 1300 for 8. Bunch of people run them and seem to be happy

Back