Idles diff after oil change

Cummins016spd

Justin
Just wondering why? I changed my oil today been using 15w-40 Rotella changed it with 15w-40 Dello only because they didn't have Rotella that's what I've been using for the past 2 years. I know it's not a big deal but my truck has always idle at 750 but after the oil change it idles at 900 or 950 just curious if anyone has a answer to why, and with a straight pipe you get weird looks from people at red lights lol

I changed the vp on my truck and did it with a followed oil change. Truck idles consistently at 896 on a small scan tool. I used the valvoline 15w40

Dummy question but im taking it you changed the filter as well... Thats odd, never herd of that happening before.

Yeah used wix filters always have. It idle at about 850 this mourning. I thought it was weird too but no big deal just curious if anyone had a answer for why if it had to do with the oil or what

Yeah used wix filters always have. It idle at about 850 this mourning. I thought it was weird too but no big deal just curious if anyone had a answer for why if it had to do with the oil or what

Has the weather changed much down there? Theres so many variables it could be, i wouldnt worry about it. After a hard run my truck will idle at 700 or so, usually it idles right a 890 or so.

Yea, weather has cooled down here in the Lone Star State. I noticed this mourning mine idled lower in between the grid heater cycles. But it has been sitting for three days. Not usual for it.

I have gotten in the habit of comparing oil filters before I install a new one. Know of two people who have gotten the wrong oil filter from an auto parts store. End result was drop in in oil pressure and a seized engine. I buy fleetguards by the box (dozen or so at a time) and I still check every time.

Well my oil pressure is fine it's got a 186k miles and still runs like a champ. Don't think I'll ever own anything but a cummins lol