II 62/s400 - effecient boost levels?

I made 435 with Flux 2's, stage 2 pump, Edge Juice "Hot" and a 64/12 single. Cannot comment on the drive pressure never measured.
Same fueling but with BD twins, 485hp.,.,.,.,

you tell me how come so low?

I's like to see some dyno sheets?

I will post up the dyno sheet if you want... I don't realy care if you believe me or not..I don't have a reason to lie.. i can't comment on the drive pressure..

I was running a 62/65/12 over an S400 (74) with an external gate on the top charger. Max boost I saw was a very toasty 80ish psi. This with a Helix 2 cam and springs.

I put down 733 rwhp and 1,336 ft-lbs on Danville Performance's dynojet this past December. DF #2 only.

I just took these chargers off and am in the process of upgrading to a set of Nathan's. This set did everything I wanted it too and then some. IMHO, if you are looking for a nice cool 600 or so rwhp on a 3rd gen, this is the ticket.

im running a 62 65 14 over a s400 and put down 855.1 and 1525 on fuel only no spray in march on a dynojet uncorrected with flux 4.4s. boost on dyno is 52 and 75 on the street. in august of last year i put down 650 on dunbars with ddp 120s with beta 4.2.

im running a 62 65 14 over a s400 and put down 855.1 and 1525 on fuel only no spray in march on a dynojet uncorrected with flux 4.4s. boost on dyno is 52 and 75 on the street. in august of last year i put down 650 on dunbars with ddp 120s with beta 4.2.

good info and thankyou! what kind of effects would you thing there would in relation to dyno numbers if you had a 62/12 instead of the 14?

scott

Paul,
That sounds right... as for effeciency. Just looking for some back up in that information. I need to get a bung welded onto my coldpipe to see what the bottom one is making.

I've got 12mm ARP studs... I wonder how much boost they will hold before the head gasket lets go... I'm willing to try 75psi and see what happens... where is the limit though?

I've hit 85 psi with the same studs numerous times but I do not recommend it... it happened more often than not looking at egts then looking back at boost...

good info and thankyou! what kind of effects would you thing there would in relation to dyno numbers if you had a 62/12 instead of the 14?

scott
i wouldnt see why you coulnt get to the 800s with the right injectors and programming. what size injectors are you planning on useing? any reason you are wanting to stick with the 12 instead of upgrading to a 14?

i wouldnt see why you coulnt get to the 800s with the right injectors and programming. what size injectors are you planning on useing? any reason you are wanting to stick with the 12 instead of upgrading to a 14?

i think i will end up with 3's or 4's. as for the turbo... i was just asking because i would like to see what is possible on a 12.

thanks everyone.

i wonder how much of a decrease in MPG I will see after dual pumps. i can get 21mpg with my flux2's and 40" tires.

Scott,

I saw a compressor map for the 74mm S400 and as I remember it, the top of the efficency range was about 36psi. I tried to find the map again and I have not been able to. Maybe I was just imagining it?

Paul

B2.gif

Thanks Corey!

Looks like about 35.28 psi. Anywhere from 30 to 35 is pretty good. Even running it as high as 40 you're not losing that much as far as efficiency is concerned.

I wonder what an S480 map would look like...

Paul

I made 810 on fuel only. This is with a hx40 18cm over a BHT3B 26cm. This is on my 12 valve.
No2.jpg

And with a .050" jet of No2. I blew a boot, thats why the sharp drop in the graph:bang
power.jpg

I figure the chargers are about to let go.......