II PS 62 Turbo

THEKIDFAN

I am upgrading my turbo so this one is for sale.

It has the 65mm ex. wheel and a .8/14 housing.

The housing has been, well to say ported would be a understatement. I am not sure how much time Brad spent on it but when he was done I could see my ugly mug in the reflection, everything he could reach was smoothed and polished! He also enlarged the wastegate and added the spacer plate like the Super Phat turbo line has. It was then sent to Performance Coatings in Wash. for a coating of 2000* ceramic coating in "Grey Ice" looks very good but it does have a few small marks.

If I had to guess the mileage I'd say between 25k-30k, was on a friends 24V for about half those miles running about 325-375 rwhp 36-38 psi then the rest on mine in a twin set under 30 psi.

I'd like to see a $1,000 but feel free to give me a call or p.m.

Thanks

I am upgrading my turbo so this one is for sale.

It has the 65mm ex. wheel and a .8/14 housing.

The housing has been, well to say ported would be a understatement. I am not sure how much time Brad spent on it but when he was done I could see my ugly mug in the reflection, everything he could reach was smoothed and polished! He also enlarged the wastegate and added the spacer plate like the Super Phat turbo line has. It was then sent to Performance Coatings in Wash. for a coating of 2000* ceramic coating in "Grey Ice" looks very good but it does have a few small marks.

If I had to guess the mileage I'd say between 25k-30k, was on a friends 24V for about half those miles running about 325-375 rwhp 36-38 psi then the rest on mine in a twin set under 30 psi.

I'd like to see a $1,000 but feel free to give me a call or p.m.

Thanks
2nd gen.? 3rd gen.?

Is the turbo in good usable condition without need for a rebuild with that many miles on it?

Thanx
Ken

Is the turbo in good usable condition without need for a rebuild with that many miles on it?

Thanx
Ken

It is currently being used and works well, just looking to go bigger!

If 25k-30k miles is alot for a turbo I believe many of us are in big trouble! I know of a few personally, one over 200k and another over 300k on a stock turbo, I see no reason any other turbo shouldn't last with resonable care......but I am by no means a expert!

my apologies - i have seen where more than a few resellers admitted there were bearing issues on turbos with less mileage - just hard use

I was only asking what condition it was in - no offence intended

my apologies - i have seen where more than a few resellers admitted there were bearing issues on turbos with less mileage - just hard use

I was only asking what condition it was in - no offence intended

No worries, no offense taken!

I guess I should say to the best of my knowledge it is/has no issues! Since I have had it it has been gated at 26-28 psi on top of a s400 and before that a 3b.5, a friend of mine had it on his truck but he upgraded to a small towing twin setup using a 57mm s300 on top so I bought it from him them! As far as I know he never even had it to 40 psi, so I assume it has had a fairly easy life! I also change my oil every 2500 miles or less and cool it down to at least 350* before shutting it off!