3800 gov spring
will be porting the head
has dana 60 . 4.56 gear 14 x 31 - 15
also have 4.10 gear and 3.55 gear

thanks

053_zpsupk1y0f0.jpg

011_zpsq7favfot.jpg

002_zpsgelaig6r.jpg

No one of those turbos is going to be a world of difference over the others. I would say newest is best, but in reality any will work.

Edit: Are you running a 727? I'd keep the converter....

No one of those turbos is going to be a world of difference over the others. I would say newest is best, but in reality any will work.

Edit: Are you running a 727? I'd keep the converter....

Yes, a 727 trans,
also have a 618 available
depending on what rear gear ratio ,I end up running,
and if I decide to run a 1/4 mile , now and then.

Right now,
just installed , to see how it fit....
Now want to turn it UP.

351 will spool quick which is what you need with a ve, but it still has a 60 mm compressor so it'll support a decent amount of hp.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

If you don't already own one of them I would go 351 all day out of those choices. Be careful when buying used as it is very common for the turbine to be toast in them.

I've ran every one you mentioned on one of my ve engines. The 351 was the most fun. You can work the gate port to flow a bit more. I did at one time wire my gate shut and pushed it way past its map into the 50-52 psi range. It was a hoot but I'd hate to see what kind of drive pressures was being produced. If you want to stay cheap and easy I'd go the 351 route. If you have some extra cash laying around I'd suggest looking at a 62-63.

I made 350ish and 730ish on the dyno in 4th gear (nv4500) at 38 psi and a 12mm ve on 55lpm injectors. Basics on the pump with a fuel pin I ground, a 4,200 spring and a stock engine with a gasket matched cylinder head. Dunbar dyno.

I've ran every one you mentioned on one of my ve engines. The 351 was the most fun. You can work the gate port to flow a bit more. I did at one time wire my gate shut and pushed it way past its map into the 50-52 psi range. It was a hoot but I'd hate to see what kind of drive pressures was being produced. If you want to stay cheap and easy I'd go the 351 route. If you have some extra cash laying around I'd suggest looking at a 62-63.

I made 350ish and 730ish on the dyno in 4th gear (nv4500) at 38 psi and a 12mm ve on 55lpm injectors. Basics on the pump with a fuel pin I ground, a 4,200 spring and a stock engine with a gasket matched cylinder head. Dunbar dyno.

Danggggg, that's sharp right there!

Why,>>>
I'm trying to learn.
I'm coming from the gasser world,
tip -toeing into the diesel world.

Thanks

HE351

1.Most advanced turbo
2.Largest turbo
3.Will handle highest boost pressures
4.Won't spool noticeably slower than other choices

That being said, you're fuel limited to 400-450-ish with the VE (no nitrous) so you don't need a huge turbo. I made 433rwhp with an HX35 with no wastegate on a p-pump truck.

Edit: Please cut down that stack a bit....lol. You weighed it yet??

Thanks, everyone for all the awesome feedback.
Some one sent me this link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/171837212887?rmvSB=true

Is this one , I can use
Will it bolt to my 89 exhaust manifold flange
i realize, i may have to clock it/ make a cross over pipe
Hate to buy something won't fit
I also have access to a complete I/C engine for parts

thanks again

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone for all the awesome feedback.
Some one sent me this link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/171837212887?rmvSB=true

Is this one , I can use
Will it bolt to my 89 exhaust manifold flange
i realize, i may have to clock it/ make a cross over pipe
Hate to buy something won't fit
I also have access to a complete I/C engine for parts

thanks again

Dont buy China junk! If youre going to get it brand new go through a dealer on here. Or if you buy it used buy it from someone reputable on this forum. I would rather buy a genuine used 351 sight unseen then buy a brand new China hunk-o-garbage. And yes it will fit and yes you will have to clock it most likely and yes you will need a different cold pipe.

Cool car by the way.

I would venture to say that the turbo in the link is straight from China. I would steer clear.

Definitely straight out of china. Had a customer bring one in for rebuild after a month of owning it. It wasn't bad quality overall truthfully. Genuine kit fit it well but they forgot the piston ring on the exhaust side completely! LOL still out there running today.

HE351

Please cut down that stack a bit....lol. You weighed it yet??

Stack is temp.
it is a 2 ft collector extension, left over from it's v-8 days
it just slips /bolts on about 4" above the cowl.

I had a 540 c.i. engine in there (it was set back 12"), decided to rob it, put it in my old parts chaser > Dodge Rampage

so when the engine got pulled, looked like room for a cummins, so why not....lol

Car weighed 3580 with the 540

001r_zps595a3d6d.jpg

Here's the Dodge Rampage

4-05-05001-1_zpsznpvwffo.jpg

the fuel tank developed pin hole and the uni body started splitting at the rear of the cab
So, only way to properly fix it was to put a real frame under, and triple the house power

031s_zps633926e8.jpg

011_zps54pny4pl.jpg

presently laying out the interior sheet metal

004_zpssvsxedbt.jpg

If your thinking it looks like the cars are inside an airplane,
well sort of
my shop is a section of DC-10
28' x 40'.....
I want All my vehicles to fly....LOL

012-1_zps8e9f4c94.jpg

034s_zps2ya5jmgv.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, you have some wild stuff!

x3 on the China turbo...here are my feelings on them.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxRX6LXDpWs

They might last, might not...either way it's not worth sending metal through the engine.

I'd hold out for a used turbo, or even just run the stocker for a while.

It looks ok... pretty dirty. Make sure to ask about shaft play (in and out and side to side), miles, if the wheel has ever touched the housing, cracks, wheel condition, all that good stuff.

Back