Imposters

I'm not taking sides here, but did renopker actually copy your cam to sell, or just for his own personal use?

I know he makes a lot of his own parts, and has pretty much rebuilt his motor from scratch.

Or is there more to the story?

I'm not taking sides here, but did renopker actually copy your cam to sell, or just for his own personal use?

I know he makes a lot of his own parts, and has pretty much rebuilt his motor from scratch.

Or is there more to the story?

I somewhat agree, if he can make it himself and use it for himself more power to him (and Id be flattered), but if he's selling them Id be pissed.

I'd have let it go if he would have had a different response when I emailed him. Our cams are copied often and it is so hard to legally protect your work, I usually let it go, but bragging that you had them copied on an open forum is a little thick headed.

After having people try to have me replace defective copies, my goal is not to stop him from making himself a cam but to stop Hamilton Cams' name from getting trashed by having fakes start to fail and having upset "customers"

I wish him no ill will.

I think I am going to start making our profiles not fit easily on used cams.

Last edited:
Seems this guy is going to sell some of these stolen profiles. If you look at link posted on previous pages it kinda sets the wheels in motion for my thoughts on this subject

I'd have let it go if he would have had a different response when I emailed him. Our cams are copied often and it is so hard to legally protect your work, I usually let it go, but bragging that you had them copied on an open forum is a little thick headed.

After having people try to have me replace defective copies, my goal is not to stop him from making himself a cam but to stop Hamilton Cams' name from getting trashed by having fakes start to fail and having upset "customers"

I wish him no ill will.

I think I am going to start making our profiles not fit easily on used cams.

That sounds really hard to do. BTW I pm'd you

I was disturbed to see him use the word "master" like they are planning on continuing to reproduce them and it wasn't just for his build not that doing it for his build is any better . It seems as though people will always try to copy a good thing but they can't duplicate the great quality of your cam or your service.

Agreed. What a scumbag. Quite a few mfg's in the Dmax world have had this happen to them, too.

Zach, could you possibly serve him with a cease and desist order?

You can't cease and desist him until he actually sells it. Even then, it'd be hard to prove he copied it, except for the emails between him and zach.

And master is just a term. Though in this case it does sound like he might plan on selling them.

That must've been edited before I got there, zero mention of cams. Just pump and cam gears...thanks anyway

It was more to show who this guy were, your right there wasn't any talk of cams there. Just saw that thread and someone asked who he was=).

Wow what a cry baby.First I don't sell cams and insinuating that I am counterfeiting and selling them as originals under your name is bull.Did we make a master? well thats how you regrind right? Believe it if I wanted to counterfeit your cam Id would build a wide lobe master pattern.Welcome to the real world. I'm sure your push rods are not copy's of anybodies and you valve springs well lets just say built in the back room right?You can talk lawyer all you want but good luck with suing over a cam profile.Every thing in the world of auto parts that are not under a patent is fair game. Parts are parts.http://www.harveycrane.com/copy%20camshafts.htm

No worries sir. Point well taken. Spend a couple hundred Grr on some products and a few years of your life and I will come buy one, just one.

Last edited:
Wow what a cry baby.First I don't sell cams and insinuating that I am counterfeiting and selling them as originals under your name is bull.Did we make a master? well thats how you regrind right? Believe it if I wanted to counterfeit your cam Id would build a wide lobe master pattern.Welcome to the real world. I'm sure your push rods are not copy's of anybodies and you valve springs well lets just say built in the back room right?You can talk lawyer all you want but good luck with suing over a cam profile.Every thing in the world of auto parts that are not under a patent is fair game. Parts are parts.http://www.harveycrane.com/copy%20camshafts.htm

You seem to be wound a little tight. The op is only using your words to demonstrate that his cams are being copied. Do you deny the quote attributed to you about making a master off of a Hamilton? The op has every right to warn those that want to buy his cams and not a copy. I see nothing to indicate the op is planning to sue you. What harvey crane thinks isn't the issue

I can say that we've NEVER had bad service or a bad product from Zach and Ryan and that is where our business will contunue to go.

There's a lot more to good business and a good product than just having "specs".

Zach, keep it up, you guys will still be getting our phone calls.

:Cheer: