Indoor Pulls

rawdog

lets get a list of all the pulls this winter with dates and who to contact for rules and such

And can somebody please post up some directions/requirments/specs for fabricating a smoke tube? what has worked what has not materials used to get it done cheap etc....

BBD

sieck you got any more info we heard about this and are looking to make the trip.

Go to southernmotorsports.net thats the only indoor pull around here in Tenn. that I know of. Good pull to go to. There are specs for smoke pipes on there also.

sieck you got any more info we heard about this and are looking to make the trip.

Its not until next march. They haven't put up any info yet on the website. But if its anything like Gordyville, you'll need a smoke tube, and a front hitch so they can use tractors with 3-point movers to lift the front up so the can move you around. They don't want you running in the arena, unless your pulling so the smoke goes out the smoke tube. I'm sure there will be more info soon.

All of you guys should register for this pull! It's a great pull, awesome facility, and turning into one of the biggest pulls of the year.

http://southernmotorsports.net/

January 9th & 10th 2009 the fourth annual Southern Invitational will take place in Murfreesboro, TN @ Miller Coliseum

Smoke Tube Spec.

Smoke_Pipe_Specs_Truck.jpg

It should be mentioned that the indoor pull in Murfreesboro is invitation only. You have to apply to be selected to hook there. And I don't know about this up coming year but in the past, it's just been the Super Mod class. Like Brad Ingrams' old red truck.

I missed it last year but was there two years ago when Brad plowed the sand with the red truck and lunched his chargers. The pulls is a good one to make it to!!!

C-ya

A few Rules:

8,000 lb Super Stock Diesel Truck Rules

1. Class weight will be at an 8,000 lb. Maximum. Weight includes driver.

2. No nitrous, propane, or alcohol - - #2 Diesel Only.

3. Water injection is permitted in this class.

4. Turbochargers – Limited to two stage configuration

5. Hanging weights allowed - - Weights must not extend more than 60” from centerline of front axle (weights must be secure).

6. 26” hitch height

7. Hitch hook point must not be less than 48” from centerline of rear axle. Minimum 3” dia. ring or clevis.

8. Hitch must not exceed a max. of 33 degree angle from pivot point to hook point.

9. Rigid suspension allowed.

10. Drop boxes, reversers allowed.

11. Snell 85 or better helmets required.

12. S.F.I. fire suits required.

13. No cast iron clutches or flywheels permitted.

14. S.F.I. bell housing blankets and/or S.F.I. blow-proof bell housings required.

15. All u-joints must be shielded 360 degrees with 3/8” thick aluminum or 5/16” thick steel. Shield will be 6 inches long minimum and centered on u-joint. Inside diameter of shield will be no more than 2 inches larger than u-joint.

16. All intermediate shafts between the transmission and transfer case will be totally enclosed in 3/8” aluminum or 5/16” steel, ¼ of shaft may be visible.

17. Fire extinquishers, helmets, and seatbelts required.

18. Exhaust must exit straight up, minimum of cab height, with (2) 3/8” bolts mounted in a cross pattern.

19. Air shut-off’s required at the rear of the truck to be operated by the sled, and also a control inside the driver’s compartment.

20. Axle shields are required. Shield to be .060” thickness steel or aluminum. Shield not to be mounted to axle ends or hub bolts. A hole may be cut in one to allow locking in of hubs.

21. Maximum tire height of 35”. Cut or sharpened tires allowed.

22. Maximum engine size will be 460 cubic inches.

23. Mechanical or electronic fuel injection permitted.

24. All engines will have a deflection shield running the complete length of the block casting. Shield must be securely fastened and must be .060” thick.

25. Engine must come factory in 1 ton or smaller pickup.

26. Tires and wheels must stay in the center of the wheel wells as intended by the manufacturer.

2008 Southern Invitational

8,000 lb Pro Stock Diesel Truck Rules

Class will run at 8000 lbs. Trucks must remain stock appearing.

Maximum wheelbase permitted 158".

Maximum engine size will be 460 cubic inches. Engine must come from factory in one ton or smaller pickup truck. Engine must remain in stock location as intended by manufacturer.

Hook point must be no closer than 48" of centerline of rear axle, hitch height maximum of 26", with a minimum of a 3" opening. Hitch point must be easily accessed. No "trick" type hitches permitted. Hitch must be stationary in all directions.

One turbo with one pressure stage permitted. Maximum of 3.0" opening on intake wheel. Turbo mounting plates are permitted.

Exhaust must have (2) -3/8" inch bolts mounted in a cross pattern.

No cast iron clutches or flywheels permitted.

Fuel safety kill and/or air shutoff must be installed on rear of truck. Kill switch will be securely mounted to the back of the vehicle and have a two (2) inch diameter ring to attach the sled.

No fuel lines may be inside of truck cab.

Computer chips and boxes permitted.

Mechanical or electronic fuel injection permitted.

Must be D.O.T. approved tire. Maximum tire height 35". No studded tires or chains. No alteration to tires allowed. No bar or terra tires. Dual rear wheels are permitted.

Water injection permitted.

Front weights must be no more than 60" from the center line of the front axle to forward most point and be securely fastened.

Fuel limited to Diesel fuel and Bio-diesel only. No alcohol, nitrous, propane or any oxygen enhancing agents allowed.

Drive train will consist of the following: Any front axle, any transfer case, any rear axle. No planetaries permitted.

Axle shields are required. Shield to be .060" thickness steel or aluminum. Shield not to be mounted to axle ends or hub bolts. A hole may be cut in one to allow locking in of hubs.

S.F.I Bell housing Blankets and/or S.F.I Blow proof Bell housings required

All U-joints must be shielded 360 degrees with 3/8" thick aluminum or 5/16" thick steel. Shield will be 6 inches long minimum and centered on U-joint. Inside diameter of shield will no more than 2 inches larger than U-joint.

All intermediate shafts between the transmission and transfer case will be totally enclosed in 3/8" aluminum or 5/16" steel, ¼ of shaft may be visible.

Solid rear suspension is permitted.

Fire Extinguishers, helmets, and seatbelts required.

Wont be making the pull in january but we are shooting for the march pull.

There has been an indoor pull in Eaton, OH...usually during winter but not sure on dates

Back