injector advice

dkimmel

I just ordered my denny t fuel pin. With the rest of my mods I'm thinking of getting a set of ddp stage 2 or 3 nozzles. What do you think. My truck does'nt pull a trailer. I mostly a toy. I do some sled pulling with it.:charger:

I just ordered my denny t fuel pin. With the rest of my mods I'm thinking of getting a set of ddp stage 2 or 3 nozzles. What do you think. My truck does'nt pull a trailer. I mostly a toy. I do some sled pulling with it.:charger:
Talk to Weston. or Smokem on here........

Im going to be getting 5 hole sac injectors from shortbus driver, he builds a good injector for the lowest prices.

Why would 5 hole injectors be better than 6 hole?

Explanation by Weston.

Needle steer or low lift needle deviation basically is the pintle flexing during actuation, this leads to some orifices being uncovered earlier than the others. With wear this problem worsens. These low lift areas in the injection event are much more subjective to the VCO nozzle due to the fact that the uneven flow is being controlled by the pintle seat covering the orifice, whereas in the sac nozzle the flow is being fed from the blind-hole.

This low lift needle deviation also makes it a major pain to set the injector up. When you are measuring the injector for pop off pressures the needle steer will cause the injector to piss instead of pop. To then get the injectors to pop you have to work the nozzles over which is very time consuming. Since this takes so much time most places wont put the work into it to ensure that the injector is set up properly. If the place does take the time to set up the injector you will usually have to pay more for the extra time put into working the nozzles over.