Injector and turbo combo

Southpaw

Slower than most
What do you all recommend for a turbo if I am putting DDM stage 2 injectors in a 1992 1st gen?
Is the s300 too big?
Is the hx40 good?

Any advise/opinions would be appreciated.

Yeah, I meant DDP :doh: I hit the DD and then my mind went to HID's :doh:

Anyway, it's going to be a daily driver with occasional runs at the track.

Yea I type random stuff all the time, but with only stage 2 ddps I don't see why a hx40 wouldn't work, if its stick you might want to go with the s300 on acount of its stronger but with the amount of fuel your pushing it might not issue. So go with the hx just make sure you get one with the 16cm housing and youll be fine.

Thanks

IIRC the hx40 will support up to like 400-450 hp and the s300 would be good for anything above that, right?

What HP range do you all think I could get to with the stage 2's and the hx40?

Id say if that's the power your looking to get to, the s300 would the way to go. Not so much because its impossible with a hx 40 but it would be eaiser and you wont have to worry about breaking it. And id say 400 would be pretty possible with maxed pump and all supporting modifications.

Last edited:
Id say if that's the power your looking to get to, the s300 would the way to go. Not so much because its impossible with a hx 40 but it would be eaiser and you wont have to worry about breaking it. And id say 400 would be pretty possible with maxed pump and all supporting modifications.

just curious what kind of milage do you get with your setup?? 1BAD93

iam getting TERRIBLE milage...like 11mpg. with the sticks i got now but i think thats just because they are from BD..lol.
ive heard 15mpg with pod's but not sure..

with my pump @3/4....screw stock rotor.cam and the he351 it will hit 38psi wasgate welded shut.
maybe hitting 350hp if iam lucky.........that 400hp is a big jump.

Last edited:
just curious what kind of milage do you get with your setup?? 1BAD93

i run the he351 and am putting in 6x16's next...if it gets to hot ill water meth it untill i get twins figured out.

with my pump @3/4....screw stock rotor.cam and the he351 it will hit 38psi wasgate welded shut.
maybe hitting 350hp if iam lucky.........that 400hp is a big jump.

you talkin to me? and to the op, i just thought of something, when you say stage 2 ddps do you mean when stage 2s when they were still only 40hp injectors or do you mean now when thier 75hp injectors??

Ok just wanted to double check, cause I know just alittle bit ago stage 2s used to be only 40hp sticks.

I've seen those inj rating bounce all over the place. Their stg3 don't make any more power than POD's. I have seen this myself and have talked to many that have swapped POD's for stg 3's and have been disapointed in not gaining anything.
They do run cleaner than POD's for a short period of time, then after some miles, they haze just as bad. Bumped timing seems to help in both cases.

For what it's worth, when I owned my 93 and ran POD's, I would get 18-19mpg constantly with a light foot LOL and the starwheel at the very top.

I'mwanted to know what injectors and turbo for around 400 hp?
I've seen a truck with custom 435s and a gds 60mm wheel kit on a stock h1c and alot of timing make 390hp. So I would say with a better turbo that same setup would well into the 400hp mark. Not saying this is the greatest setup or anything like that, its just I know for a fact its a proven setup. I also know with pods and a maxed pump and box stock h1c they'll make about 360hp.
Jon