injector bypass rate

rcarro001

Could anybody give me the spec for injector bypass rate on a 04 common rail.
I think I've found my problem with power & starting. just can't remeber the spec.

never mine called a friend that use to work at Detriot with me who moved to cummins. he said 6 oz in one minite if any one else needs to know. I'm way over at 1&1/2 cups. time to start capping rail to find bad tube or injector. easy test don't know why people will not do it. read alot of treads where people was told to do it but won't. guess being a diesel tech. for 14 years I understand the importance of testing. If you have low power hard to start you got to do this test, btw, cummins has a service letter that has just been released that saying
connector tubes can be reused if they are not damaged.

rcarro what are or where you having for problems. im a detroit guy and these electronic engines are giving me nothing but a headach, nothin like a good old 71. im having a rough idle and absolutely no power after about 1000 rpm ive double and triple cheched all fuel lines and lift pump and i cant come up with anything.

The reason I don't always support the return Rate..its not always accurate,then their is the possibly you won't get the correct injector,NOT to mention all the call backs when the rest follow suit.Generally Hard start NO start is link to Injectors,If everything checks out.The other symptoms smoke, rattle, fuel in oil.

hes right on the spec, but i would not reuse the connection tube... replace it with the injector.