Injector circuit error?

LittleWhite97

Had my injectors replaced awhile back and it has run perfect since. The other day while I'm 500 miles away at work my wife drives into town and it goes into limp mode. Service engine light came on so I had her plug an old programmer into it that reads the codes to find out what it is.

Injector circuit group b
Injector circuit error cylinder 2,3,5,8

That's what the programmer said is at fault. Has anyone had to deal with this issue before? Just trying to get a heads up on the problem before I get home to fix it. The truck is a 2003 3500 with only 95000 on the miles if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

2 different sides kinda rules out a harness rub through issue to me

Its either a ficm or harness rub near the ficm. Its a power issue to one complete bank. The injectors are fed power in two banks, not the same as cylinder banks. If rub its most likely at the bracket on the ficm that stands up by the alternator, the harness curves around to go by it and if not secured properly rub occurs.

Last edited:
Sorry just realized this is on chevys.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Had my injectors replaced awhile back and it has run perfect since. The other day while I'm 500 miles away at work my wife drives into town and it goes into limp mode. Service engine light came on so I had her plug an old programmer into it that reads the codes to find out what it is.

Injector circuit group b
Injector circuit error cylinder 2,3,5,8

That's what the programmer said is at fault. Has anyone had to deal with this issue before? Just trying to get a heads up on the problem before I get home to fix it. The truck is a 2003 3500 with only 95000 on the miles if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Bet something didn't get pluged in all the way or a bad ground

Thanks for the info guys. I'll start checking the harness when I get home and check for rub. Something else I forgot to mention is the truck has had a edge juice with attitude on it for years. The monitor has in the past reported slip ( like 50 to 75 percent ) when obviously there was no slip at all. For example, off the peddle, coasting, showing 50% slip. I'll remove it and starte troubleshooting there.

Found the problem. Unplugged the ficm and found a little corrosion on a couple of the pins. Cleaned with a little electraclean added some electra grease and it runs good again. Thanks everyone for the help