Injector Compatibility?

bambam-x

Will injectors out of a 2015 aisin truck work in my 2011? If they will work, can the be mix and matched with my stock injectors or will the entire set need to be matched? Getting mixed info.

Thanks

as long as they aren't out of a cab n chassis engine they'll work. if I remember correctly, the newer injectors have a single plane spray pattern, which flows slightly less...so best to use all alike in the motor.

Not out of a C&C, will I need to adjust my tunes to accommodate the newer injectors since they flow less?

I could be wrong, but I thought 2013 got new injectors?

No idea on spray pattern, flow rate, electrical connectors, or accompanying piston design.

I wouldn't do it.
2007-2012 will work, so long as they aren't the '11-'12 C&C injectors.

'13 and up don't require codes, '12 and down do, even C&C.
I can only imagine the can of worms you're going to open putting later injectors in that truck.
Even the solenoids physically appear different.

Mark.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I thought 2013 got new injectors?

No idea on spray pattern, flow rate, electrical connectors, or accompanying piston design.

the injector itself is the same...the nozzle changed from a dual plane (07.5-12)
to a single place (13-?)

I would not hesitate to swap in the newer injectors as long as they go in as a set, not mix matched, and not worry about amending your tunes.

I have personally installed injectors from an 18 in my 08, its fine...don't have to code anything or wave a magic wand.

Or you can listen to ya boi marky mark

Last edited:
the injector itself is the same...the nozzle changed from a dual plane (07.5-12)
to a single place (13-?)

I would not hesitate to swap in the newer injectors as long as they go in as a set, not mix matched, and not worry about amending your tunes.

I have personally installed injectors from an 18 in my 08, its fine...don't have to code anything or wave a magic wand.

Or you can listen to ya boi marky mark

That's interesting. So how come 2013+ injectors go for more money? I have a spare set of 2012 injectors that would go for about $400 less on ebay. Just ignorance?

And there's no difference at all other than the nozzle having two spray angles?

Thanks for the info :Cheer:

That's interesting. So how come 2013+ injectors go for more money? I have a spare set of 2012 injectors that would go for about $400 less on ebay. Just ignorance?

And there's no difference at all other than the nozzle having two spray angles?

Thanks for the info :Cheer:

Wanna sell that extra set?

Hell, if you're game enough to risk it, I'll sell a set of 2015s I have for $200.

They have maybe 35k on them.

Mark.

I have newer single plane injectors in my 2010 out of a 2016 albeit they have went to Exergy to be enlarged but either way they do just fine. No codes or anything.

Quick note, S&S has lumped 6.7 injectors together in the entirety of the 07.5-2018 production life whereas Exergy has 07.5-12 then 13-18. Whether S&S has their own preferenced angle and/or simply uses the newest or not, I don’t know. However, as I mentioned, Exergy does differentiate.

Wanna sell that extra set?

Hell, if you're game enough to risk it, I'll sell a set of 2015s I have for $200.

They have maybe 35k on them.

Mark.

I’m interested...

The cheapest I'd let them go for is somewhere around $600, so I'd go with Mark's.
$600 is what I usually see them go for on ebay, and honestly, I'm keeping them around for the day I need to replace mine, not because I have bigger ones in the truck.

The cheapest I'd let them go for is somewhere around $600, so I'd go with Mark's.
$600 is what I usually see them go for on ebay, and honestly, I'm keeping them around for the day I need to replace mine, not because I have bigger ones in the truck.
If I told you what I sold my last 60 6.7 injector cores for, you'd either laugh or cry.
Thing is, I know for a fact that there wasn't a thing wrong with most of them.

They just don't sell very well to the common buyer, even at $350 a set.

Bambam-x, pm me if you want the 2015 set I have for $200.

Mark.

Last edited:
If I told you what I sold my last 60 6.7 injector cores for, you'd either laugh or cry.
Thing is, I know for a fact that there wasn't a thing wrong with most of them.

They just don't sell very well to the common buyer, even at $350 a set.

Bambam-x, pm me if you want the 2015 set I have for $200.

Mark.

Sent you a PM but it doesn't show in my sent folder so I'm not sure you got it.

Never got one.
I tried to PM you, but it says you can't receive them.
See screenshot attached.

Mark.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-07-10-39-53.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-07-10-39-53.png
    200.8 KB · Views: 0
Probably a stupid board thing, like my clock being 9 minutes off from the forum's.
I see things 9 minutes in the future. LOL

Feel free to text or call.
402-780-5127.

Mark.

Back