Injector Line Leakage

Mine are leaking as well.I did everything i could think of as far as this first that first nothing changed at all.Just had to change injectors.I am getting new lines and tubes.Mine have been on and off many times and i feel they are all played out.How many times did your friend remove the lines before this?If you crank them on to hard a small circle can be seen just around the tip.Sometimes you can feel it with your fingernail.Without seeing the tubes,o rings and lines i feel that it would just be a guess on the real problem.I know mine are bad.

DSC00976.jpg

I have always tightened up the injector hold down before the line in the head.

hmm, ive never had any luck doing it that way. Ive always had a couple leak. ive just been told thats a good way to do it since the lines and tube can seat themselves into the injector. They can turn the injector where they need to and not have the inj. set inplace where it cant move and be off angle. As long as it works no need to change i guess.

Mine are leaking as well.I did everything i could think of as far as this first that first nothing changed at all.Just had to change injectors.I am getting new lines and tubes.Mine have been on and off many times and i feel they are all played out.How many times did your friend remove the lines before this?If you crank them on to hard a small circle can be seen just around the tip.Sometimes you can feel it with your fingernail.Without seeing the tubes,o rings and lines i feel that it would just be a guess on the real problem.I know mine are bad.

Lines have been off a few times, by a few I can think of 4 to 5 times sense I have known him... And I understand what your saying with the small circle around it.

Update: They changed the #1 #2 #4 O-rings today. #1 had almost nothing from what I was told. He said the tube just slid out with no force at all. Put all new O-rings on them and #1 and #4 are still leaking. Next they are going to swap the #2 non leaking tube with the #1 leaking tube, and the #4 leaking tube with the #3 non leakin tube and see weather its the tubes or the lines.

Have you tried to torque them to the proper specs and not just cranking the lines down till they are tight?

Who me or the op?The picture of the lines are lines i bought said to be good.I never installed them.

My lines have been on and off 20-30 times in the pat 9 years and only had 1 tube replaced (wasn't needed) and 2 sets of o-rings replaced on the tubes. Nothing was ever torqued and the only leak I had was one of the o-rings and that was after the o-rings had been out 4-5 times.

My lines have been on and off 20-30 times in the pat 9 years and only had 1 tube replaced (wasn't needed) and 2 sets of o-rings replaced on the tubes. Nothing was ever torqued and the only leak I had was one of the o-rings and that was after the o-rings had been out 4-5 times.

See thats what I dont get. These lines have only been off a handfull of times and the lines to the tube connecting surfaces look just fine. I trust the guy working on the truck and what he tells me, he aint no rookie under a hood.

mines the same as tylers. Ive have mine off 3 or 4 times a year (little ones in the winter and bigger ones in the summer) and never replace any orings. i just replace #3 line from a break but ive never had a problem out of mine. Mine will leak if i tighten down the injectors first. Maybe its just my truck? ive never went by tq specs. i did the first few times but now its just a flick of the wrist on the injector hold downs and a little snug on the inj lines. The hold downs are like 6-8 ft lb or like 76 in lb and the lines are 35 ft lb (i believe).

hope it works out for ya.

mines the same as tylers. Ive have mine off 3 or 4 times a year (little ones in the winter and bigger ones in the summer) and never replace any orings. i just replace #3 line from a break but ive never had a problem out of mine. Mine will leak if i tighten down the injectors first. Maybe its just my truck? ive never went by tq specs. i did the first few times but now its just a flick of the wrist on the injector hold downs and a little snug on the inj lines. The hold downs are like 6-8 ft lb or like 76 in lb and the lines are 35 ft lb (i believe).

hope it works out for ya.

Well here is the update. The leak has stopped so to speak. I talked to my friend today and he has been driving it around town, to school and such and he said he checks it everytime he gets out of the truck and its been dry. Tomorrow will be the test when he goes to Ft. Hood to tow a truck back. He's reluctant to go cause his converter is slipping but thats another issue.

But he did tell me today that when they swapped out the o-rings they pulled the valvecover (I dont know why) and found what seemed to be fuel in the head. He said it was like a watery substance in there mixed with the oil. I asked him is it fuel or antifreeze...... Head stud re-torque is in the future.

Back