Injector Pop testing questions and results

Well I am starting to get confused. Here is the video I took just pumping the handle up and down with the pressure gauge shut off. Part way through it I started to push the handle down slower and it started to go to a stream again. Began to pump it faster and it still streamed the fuel for a couple pumps and then it finally went back to a fine mist. However towards the end of the video I started pumping it slower to see if I could get it to do it again but it wouldn't.

[ame="http://s1057.photobucket.com/albums/t382/adammvp01/?action=view&current=InjectorPopTest.mp4"]InjectorPopTest.mp4 video by adammvp01 - Photobucket[/ame]

Also I think that horrible noise is from the pop tester...or is that the injector?

Any comments?

Thanks
Adam

Last edited:
Chatter is the needle throttling off the seat, this is what should happen. Often this is lost when debris enters the seat area or the guide hangs.

So the injector chatters good then. What about the leaking as in the first video? Or why it started to spray a stream instead of mist (Is this just because the pressure was applied to slow)?

Sorry for all the questions I am just trying to learn something

Do you have any recommendations as where to go from here?

Thanks
Adam

on video 2 what kind of bird was that chirping ? I am an avid bird watcher... lol
the 2nd video of the leaking tip would fail in my book....maybe take the tip out & buff the seat area of the pintle with news paper.

on video 2 what kind of bird was that chirping ? I am an avid bird watcher... lol
the 2nd video of the leaking tip would fail in my book....maybe take the tip out & buff the seat area of the pintle with news paper.

I wouldnt use newspaper. Lap the needle to the nozzle seat if anything.

Is lapping the injectors something they would need to be sent out to do or something I can do myself?

Thanks
Adam

Can be done by you, but if your not comfortable doing it a machine shop could do it.

Doing fuel system work isnt hard, but without some proper guidance it isnt hard to do damage.