injector pump bad?????

so i fired the truck up this morning to let it run for a bit. hard to start have to give it fuel. (never had to do that before) Ok so it fires up an starts missing. hmm well i let it run to warm up thinking maybe its just cold. nope, missing won't go away, rev it up to 1500 an it smooths out for a bit then starts missing again. timing is good injectors are good dv's are good wtf bad pump ?

this is on a 94 12v cummins with 180 pump 191 dvs 5x16 sticks htt66mm charger

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge on the truck at all? Also have you recently done anything to the truck?

yes it has a fuel gauge. 50lbs . only thing i have recently done was back tha timing down to 17. i had changed the dv's back to my 191's because the cc's were not seating. but truck ran great when last started up

could be sucking air into the fuel system. Probably the fuel heater gone bad.

could be sucking air into the fuel system. Probably the fuel heater gone bad.

not to say this isn't happing, but i don't think im that lucky. i have a ad2 165 bro. and cliff, I have done a compression test on all cylinders. they are 450 all the way across

did you get anything out of isolating the cylinders/cracking lines?

well cracked all lines at injector pump today. everyone is good except the 6th one. so i guess i will be sending it off.

Did you try swaping injectors to see if it followed the injector or stayed on the same hole?

Back