Injector questions

sam hain

I'm considering buying new boush injectors and wondering if I have a diesel shop install them will I still have to pay the core charge upfront?

Call Eric at Beans Diesel in Woodbury, TN. They are close to you and will work with you on supplying the new injectors and getting the install done right.

Chris

Exergy gave me a month to return my cores before they would charge me. I just emailed them when I was shipping them back so they knew the tracking number. Great company to deal with!

Exergy gave me a month to return my cores before they would charge me. I just emailed them when I was shipping them back so they knew the tracking number. Great company to deal with!

I second this!

Exergy does seem to have pretty good pricing compared to other sites I've checked. Comparing new stock to 50hp is only a $25 upgrade. Not bad, if I did new injectors with 50hp nozzles would my EGT's go up while towing compared to stock? I'm sure my tuner could write a new file for the nozzles to keep things cool?

I got 50hps in mine, it may have got some better throttle response but that's it. I'm on stock tuning and I put on a he351.

I'm currently on the market for new injectors myself... might have to give exergy a call

Edit: just called exergy, they quoted me $500 a hole for 50-60hp injectors... seems a little steep to me

Sent from phone

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm currently on the market for new injectors myself... might have to give exergy a call

Edit: just called exergy, they quoted me $500 a hole for 50-60hp injectors... seems a little steep to me

Sent from phone

Probably core charge is in the price.

Exactly, I told him that and he said he didn't have any for an 06.. the only ones he has available right now are the early 5.9 spray pattern... he would have to make me a set and that would run about $500 a piece... he didn't say anything about cores, and I mentioned the website price a few times...

Sent from phone

And just to be clear, I called Harvey back... he confirms its $500 a piece and that does not include the core charge...

Sent from phone

if he has to make them himself they are higher.. the website price sheet are the ones straight from bosch thats why they are cheaper

The reason for mis info with exergy is the for the stock spray pateron on 06-07 they have to do there owen honing of new nossels . The early cr s they for 50- 100 get bosch motosport injectors. For awhile they were using the motosporting the late crs to but got to be a lot of controversy on it.

I ended up getting a great deal on 100hp from the shop my truck is sitting at... so all is well, even though I'm still not looking forward to the bill by no means

Sent from phone