Injector size help......??

RedPuller

Diesel Inside
So I am thinking my injectors are bottle-necking my sled pulling fueling mods.
Here is what I am running -

215 pump, no barrel or rack mods
.093 delivery valve holders
.093 lines
0 plate
28.5* timing
CDS 5K
S400, 2.8 inducer
H2 Cam
Cummins industrial pistons, I think they are 155*, correct me if I am wrong
Injectors are 5x.014" EDM'd

Engine free-revs to 5K no problem, I leave the line around 4200~ everytime but at the end of the track, it is usually bogged down to 3700~ and of course the boost goes down with it from 52~lbs in the first 100-150ft. to 45~ lbs. at the end of the track. Overall, I just think I need more fuel to stay in the high revs as well as on top of the charger, can anyone agree? Are my injectors the bottle neck in the fuel equation? Currently, I am going to try bumping timing to about 31*, maybe take the plate out and see if anyone can hog out the injector tips to maybe a .018" or even .020". Does this sound like the right route to take? Please let me know if I left any helpful info out of my equation. :)

Thanks for the help!

Joe

5x20 injectors and about 35* of timing. And with a big single leave the line a little harder about 4500+

Injectors seem small for your setup...

I finally got to use the parts I bought from you this past weekend, worked great... Thanks!

Piston part number is K3802100

AR is 1.0 and I am pretty sure its a 72/86mm from the last time I measured it. It's definately not an 80mm compressor wheel......

Joe

80/87mm :) Sorry, misunderstood....

I don't have that number, this is a Reliance Engine parts number.......I can call Brown's in the morning since he ordered me the pistons. This is just the part number off the Reliance box I saved.....

Joe

Ok, well, I will call Reb in the morning and get some more info on them......:)

Joe

Here's a couple pics if that helps....

Attachments

• NewPistons.jpg
    NewPistons.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 12
  • NewPistons1.jpg
    NewPistons1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Piston#1TDC2.JPG
    Piston#1TDC2.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 12
Will do Weston, I will post back here sometime in the morning, Pacific time :)

Thanks for the help, looking forward to hearing your recommendation!

Joe

Well, wasn't able to get a hold of Reb for part number confirmation but i did call Reliance and they told me the 3802100 is the Cummins piston kit part number, they just add a "K" for their number. Hopefully that will help you Weston.......

Joe