Injector testing

i can donate some to this "test" i would just like to see what your findings are!!!!

what kinda of nozzles you want to see? i have F1, DDP and Extrude Hone all for 06

Would love to see the difference in pattern in say 150 or 200hp between the 3 just for comparison. Maybe Zach will put together something down the line after he is able to test so many just for comparisons.

sorry guys, I have been on the road on and off for almost three months working with new products. Most of the injtors we have seen issues with are larger injectors that were extrude honed too large so that the needle does not seal well. I have also seen some sloppy edmed injectors that have very irregular spray patterns. On the 12v and 2w4v stuff, I have seen some very scary stuff c0me from some big nae shops where half of the holes do not spray to pop pressures being over 50 bar off. I even had one set that never popped, they just dripped more as pressure rose. THe customer was complaining of haze at idle, and excessive black smoke but less power than his old smaller injectors.
I will get some videos soon.

Zach

I wo0uld like to see the results as well, I say get 2 sets of nozzles from each of the big 4 , get say a 100 hp over, and a 200 hp over and test each. I would also like to set the parameters for the test as well, test pump will be a single stock cp3 pump, and a single 85% over pump. the test should be conducted with the cp3 running at the rpm it would see when installed on a 5.9 motor turning 2500 rpm. the fluid used would have to be good ole #2 diesel fuel. test performed at say 70 deg f, and an eye on the barometer as well. I say run the test for a single nozzle for 6 minutes, easy to see what 1 nozzle will be flowing in one minute by dividing by 6. longer run time will only make the test more visually different. I know its not only flow, but pattern and atomization as well, but this would be a start.

mike - i will be sending a couple of sets out- race trucks 03's and a couple of different sets of 06's

cool, I don't know what kind of flow test is in store, ore if my ideas are even worth considdering I could have sent a set of stockers and a set of flux 2's but lucky for me I sold them to help fund the twin cp3's that go on next week or so.

true, a little longer to get down the track too, but hey I'm in my daily driver........ !

Come on Mike you know you want a cam..... Id say one of the new 181/210's would really work well in that motor........

My whip will be back on the road tomorrow!! (finger's crossed....:lolly:)

true, a little longer to get down the track too, but hey I'm in my daily driver........ !

and you have seen my daily driver/racer/tower:woohoo:

all your friends run hamilton stuff............ dont you want to be like your friends?LOLLOLLOL

yeah yeah yeah......... got one in the works....... not a 181 210 tho :P

Back