Input shaft...whats all out there

K5 Crazy book

K5KRAZIE said:
Thats funny in its self. So we aren't even your highest HP trucks (never assumed we were) yet your parts lasted the shortest in our transmissions. Even causing a mid rebuild warrenty change on IEs behalf, unbeknownst to your clients.
Riddle me this, heard the one about "Opies input shaft" a STOCK flex plate 350HP and a trailer??
Opie I have NO issue with broken parts, in all honesty I'm amazed that the parts hold up to what they do. My issue stems from YOU. The stuff you pulled on BONDO was absoulutly UNREAL!! You basically told him he could do no wrong and then bashed his head into a wall saying nanny nanny poop poo!!! In all honesty you could have made poop on a stick and we all would have bought from you as your right here down the street. But when we come to your door and tell you, your peddling poop we expect a level of service that is not unreasonable!!!

I doubt I could ever come close to knowing your science on the subject of poop.

Aaron like I keep sayinig it really is too bad you have done nothing for diesel performance. Your amazed that my parts hold up to what they do. I am amazed that come on this site and bad mouth me.

Lets do a little history refresher shall we? Bondo and yourself take your trucks at low power to DTT for a transmission. Afterwards you both wick them up to the highest levels your local performance shop can make and run that shops decals down your truck. Then output shafts need replacing as "they didn't have one at the time of install" and by this time you guys have bad feelings with your soon to be old transmission shop. Bondo then takes his tranny to another builder and finds out that the input has a twist in the splines. He asks me for warrantee and as always I refer him to the builder. But since he is having his tranny redone else where their answer is no. So he buys all my billet shafts/ drum from me one of which is my DiMartino shaft. He manages to break it later on in the year. I replace it, then find out about a thread he wrote about it in TDR. When I get the shaft back I do an analysis on the splines from the shaft and the turbine hub that it basically spun through. It was at this time that I found out about the new hubs are being made from 1040 and notice how soft they where minus the spline area which is inducted. So I thought that kind of explained why the splines where smooth and the heat issue that I hadn't scene before... or after as it turns out now for that matter.

The following Spring? I get a call saying his truck is loading up when in gear and my imediate reply is I am not warranteeing any my parts. Thats your beef right?

He goes to yet another builder and dang near everypart in his tranny is wasted. The input shaft is the one you posted a pic of. I goto that builder with an entire set of parts and offer the following deal to Bondo, if he cant break them after a entire season of racing and pulling he then pays me for them. ONLY STIPULATION HE RUNS ANOTHER FLEXPLATE. He doesn't take the deal and swears he would never run any of my parts again as TCS are better. His builder that I delivered the shafts to has yet to pay me for them or any of the other shafts he ordered that month.

I would like to thank the two of you for being the POS to the diesel performance world that you are. I would of not gotten into building entire transmissions and TC's if it wasn't for the events that took place at that time.

I do not know about the stock flexplate 350 hp trailer. Don't think I met that guy have I?

Again which TCS inputs are you running California's or Canada's?

Opie said:
I doubt I could ever come close to knowing your science on the subject of poop.

Aaron like I keep sayinig it really is too bad you have done nothing for diesel performance. Your amazed that my parts hold up to what they do. I am amazed that come on this site and bad mouth me.
I don't need to do anything for diesel performance, I rely on good upstanding companies to do the R&D BEFORE I buy. In all honesty I'm amazed OEM parts last as long as they do....

Lets do a little history refresher shall we? Bondo and yourself take your trucks at low power to DTT for a transmission. Afterwards you both wick them up to the highest levels your local performance shop can make and run that shops decals down your truck. Then output shafts need replacing as "they didn't have one at the time of install" and by this time you guys have bad feelings with your soon to be old transmission shop. Bondo then takes his tranny to another builder and finds out that the input has a twist in the splines. He asks me for warrantee and as always I refer him to the builder. But since he is having his tranny redone else where their answer is no. So he buys all my billet shafts/ drum from me one of which is my DiMartino shaft. He manages to break it later on in the year. I replace it, then find out about a thread he wrote about it in TDR. When I get the shaft back I do an analysis on the splines from the shaft and the turbine hub that it basically spun through. It was at this time that I found out about the new hubs are being made from 1040 and notice how soft they where minus the spline area which is inducted. So I thought that kind of explained why the splines where smooth and the heat issue that I hadn't scene before... or after as it turns out now for that matter.
I took my truck to a totally different builder than BONDO. However yes we both had low power levels at the time of the builds. They were however built for towing and mine with another companies input(which lasted till present day). My OEM output lasted the almost entire racing season. Till I snapped it right before nationals, I then bought and PAIED for your output which lasted how long again?? 1 week, 2 weeks at most?? I took your explaination and was happy to again run your parts. I then had issues with the trans. and took it back to the ORIGINAL builder who upon teardown found that this "new" output of mine that had just ONE day of racing on it was twisted?? My OEM shaft lasted about a year???!! Yours had a record of between two of them a month at best.... That trans even had the orignal intermediate shaft. Not to even take into account Ross's truck which has NEVER had a shaft issue with another companies shafts. People who don't know and aren't willing to figure out how to fix the issues that come about manufacturing their own parts from scratch, blame other parts for their short comings. I posted pictures of the input and intermediate shafts out of BONDOs truck, you claim among other things the billet flex plate was at fault for the shaft failures you were seeing not only in BONDOs truck but in trucks around the country.

The following Spring? I get a call saying his truck is loading up when in gear and my imediate reply is I am not warranteeing any my parts. Thats your beef right?

He goes to yet another builder and dang near everypart in his tranny is wasted. The input shaft is the one you posted a pic of. I goto that builder with an entire set of parts and offer the following deal to Bondo, if he cant break them after a entire season of racing and pulling he then pays me for them. ONLY STIPULATION HE RUNS ANOTHER FLEXPLATE. He doesn't take the deal and swears he would never run any of my parts again as TCS are better. His builder that I delivered the shafts to has yet to pay me for them or any of the other shafts he ordered that month.

I'm not your bill collector, take that up with the man you decided to go into business with..Your offer to BONDO was completely TYPED!! He tryed to call you, get in touch with you in any way possible and you either decided to ignore him or you just were so busy with other warrenty calls it just got lost. Either way the beef he has with you is the fact that he takes his family around in the truck and tows his travel trailer around. You had 2-3 chances to make a GOOD product for him. Everytime your "unbreakable sled pull in high range" shafts break they shatter taking out the ENTIRE transmission. This is a fact not only I have seen but has been proven by many transmission builders. He was not willing to put his family through another hardship on the side of the road, and you were unavailable....

I would like to thank the two of you for being the POS to the diesel performance world that you are. I would of not gotten into building entire transmissions and TC's if it wasn't for the events that took place at that time.

I do not know about the stock flexplate 350 hp trailer. Don't think I met that guy have I?
Funny if it weren't for the events that took place at that time we would all still be very very happy. Is it our fault as you say the metal was too soft?? Our fault your "hardener" wasn't following direction? And finally our fault you decided to change your warrenty policy and tell everyone EXCEPT the guy that paied you cash on the spot?? I'm done with you and your peddling parts on web sites and having a "faceless" business. You can't even talk to your customers on the phone and they have to resolve their issues with your company on-line.....You say POS?? I say shame on you sir. That flex plate issue taking out ONLY YOUR companies shafts, lets be honest if I have heard the stories you have. Although the stories I have heard were in person or on the phone, so maybe you haven't heard......Hope you have resolved your shaft issues and I hope you have no issues in the future. Only because I don't want any other enthusiasts to go through what my friends and I have gone through dealing with you and your company.....

K5KRAZIE said:
I don't need to do anything for diesel performance, I rely on good upstanding companies to do the R&D BEFORE I buy. In all honesty I'm amazed OEM parts last as long as they do....

I took my truck to a totally different builder than BONDO. However yes we both had low power levels at the time of the builds. They were however built for towing and mine with another companies input(which lasted till present day). My OEM output lasted the almost entire racing season. Till I snapped it right before nationals, I then bought and PAIED for your output which lasted how long again?? 1 week, 2 weeks at most?? I took your explaination and was happy to again run your parts. I then had issues with the trans. and took it back to the ORIGINAL builder who upon teardown found that this "new" output of mine that had just ONE day of racing on it was twisted?? My OEM shaft lasted about a year???!! Yours had a record of between two of them a month at best.... That trans even had the orignal intermediate shaft. Not to even take into account Ross's truck which has NEVER had a shaft issue with another companies shafts. People who don't know and aren't willing to figure out how to fix the issues that come about manufacturing their own parts from scratch, blame other parts for their short comings. I posted pictures of the input and intermediate shafts out of BONDOs truck, you claim among other things the billet flex plate was at fault for the shaft failures you were seeing not only in BONDOs truck but in trucks around the country.

I'm not your bill collector, take that up with the man you decided to go into business with..Your offer to BONDO was completely TYPED!! He tryed to call you, get in touch with you in any way possible and you either decided to ignore him or you just were so busy with other warrenty calls it just got lost. Either way the beef he has with you is the fact that he takes his family around in the truck and tows his travel trailer around. You had 2-3 chances to make a GOOD product for him. Everytime your "unbreakable sled pull in high range" shafts break they shatter taking out the ENTIRE transmission. This is a fact not only I have seen but has been proven by many transmission builders. He was not willing to put his family through another hardship on the side of the road, and you were unavailable....

Funny if it weren't for the events that took place at that time we would all still be very very happy. Is it our fault as you say the metal was too soft?? Our fault your "hardener" wasn't following direction? And finally our fault you decided to change your warrenty policy and tell everyone EXCEPT the guy that paied you cash on the spot?? I'm done with you and your peddling parts on web sites and having a "faceless" business. You can't even talk to your customers on the phone and they have to resolve their issues with your company on-line.....You say POS?? I say shame on you sir. That flex plate issue taking out ONLY YOUR companies shafts, lets be honest if I have heard the stories you have. Although the stories I have heard were in person or on the phone, so maybe you haven't heard......Hope you have resolved your shaft issues and I hope you have no issues in the future. Only because I don't want any other enthusiasts to go through what my friends and I have gone through dealing with you and your company.....

I am going to be as honest as I can with you. If I wanted to I could spend the time and prove you wrong on most all of your twisted claims or for that matter have all your BS written above removed. Instead I want all to read your side of this in it entirety. I do not want POS customers like you, it isn't worth the time that I really dont have to begin with.

Anyone that wants to read a book can read the original story at http://www.nwbombers.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28631&hl=flexplate

Aaron try as you may it is very easy to see right through you.

I am a new customer of IE and I do believe these shafts to be
tougher than any one I have used yet! Customer service is also
very good. I have a lot of respect for opie! I also have customers
that can break any part known to man! Good parts wont fix stupid!

Stuff breaks, there is no unbreakable. So has anyone seen a Sonnax shaft break?

I havent. But they must. My builder AND Haisley's cant seem to get ahold of them. Backordered?

I don't know what brand of shaft's ATS uses for there 47RE's but I know myn is still holding together. I'm a believer in the larger companies with nation wide dealers. They have the money to stand behind a warranty. I nuked a trans and had a brand new one without to much of a head ache. Actually it was a complete pain in the a$$, but it happened pritty fast and I haven't had any issues since then.

In the CSI truck we never broke the SUNCOAST "Sonnax" Shaft But twisted it so bad that Dusty at HTS didnt want to reuse it when he built our "Race" tranny . He sold us a used tcs shaft and its been holding up fine ! Dusty's the MAN for trannys !:bow:

Dusty also has the best customer service anybody could ask for feelmecummin's tranny is done by him and he went up there on a saturday and sat in his garage and drank his beer while dusty put the trans together so he could have his daily driver back to go to work on monday the csi trucks tranny was wasted so we took it up there thinking we were going to drop it off and he finished it that day so we saved about a $100 in shipping and bought us lunch and a couple beers. If you call him thats who you talk to him or his wife no customer service rep who has no idea. he has my business the 03 is going to him as soon as i get the cash. just my $.02

i've been thru 3 of the ATS billet input shafts, they claim they had a bad batch. I don't know, i've had number 4 in for almost 8 months now. No problems yet but that don't mean anything. Personally i wouldn't use ATS, you might hit up Georend Brothers. Just a thought, heard people been having good luck all around with his stuff.$.02