Insanity

I must add my $.02 . I think that Tadd and Robert two of the best guys i have ever dealt with when it comes to "hotrod" shops. if they are good at what they do they are slammed from the time the door opens to the time it closes. right now i am in the middle of a problem im having with my truck. every day it looks less and less like it had ANYTHING to do with elite. tadd shipped all the parts needed to find out whats going on no questions asked, no asking for money until I prove it was their fault, nothing but i will send you the parts! I called Tadd twice today to give him some updates and never spoke to him, he was building injectors. how about they were your $3k injectors that got screwed up so he could answer a phone call about why someones new tune isnt shifting properly? If you are doing anything to your truck beyond routine care you must expect to break it! if you are doing it to the truck used to make a living you are an idiot. Its only three guys working at that shop so be patient and you will not be disappointed. insanity tune with all the shift pressures turned up is just that.

ps. dont expect robert to give tadd every message, i think he writes em on the back of his hand and then wipes his nose with it.:hehe: damb kid

Last edited:
nummit said:
That tune must be an ll3 right? If you want firmer shifts, firm them up. I did +5% on the 1-2 and 2-3 upshift. I like it much better

no it's opposite of that. in stock form, it shifts awesome, much like a stock trans with an sct. But when under the control of an SCT tune, it was a very violent, harsh slamming through the gears, mainly 2-3 and 4-5. Pretty much all the tunes I've tried and worked with, we could never get the violent shifting under control. using the parameters and backing them off didn't really work, it wasn't the pressure control it was more like a strategy problem and actually how it was shifting.... they'd be so hard that it could knock a coke out of the cupholder and shake the whole truck.. but it was funny to see the passengers **** themselves... but the recent ones Tadd has sent seem to be shifting pretty damned good.

Hope that clarifies it a little better.

CookCR said:
All of your opinions about Elite should not be taken into consideration from anyone, leave you personal opinions and experiences out of this. Ive seen you make a few different post is regards to this and its really getting old.

Welcome to maturityville where the blonde can never be trusted.

At least the village idiot headline part is right :redx:

Last edited by a moderator:
Allright, I edited some post here to take out the personal comments. I want to leave this thread open, because I think the information is important. Not everyone is going to like the products, service, or individual at a company. I can say that Tadd and Robbie have a good relationship with most I have talked to, and I am considering being a customer in the near future with some injectors. I think their products are priced high, but for the most part, I have never heard anyone say they weren't worth the price.

The only dealing I have had with them, other than through casual conversation was trying to by an EGR block off plate. I ordered it, but after 2 weeks, I didn't get it, so I called Robbie to inquire about it and was told they hadn't had any made yet. I cancelled the order and went another route. It was very early in the beginning of their business so I don't hold any animosity.

If you have a specific complaint, by all means take it up with them. If you don't get a resolution, then I think its fine to post about it here. Nobody want to deal with a company that is irreputable. I DO NOT THINK THAT IS THE CASE HERE WITH ELITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have a personal issue, this aint the place for it. If you want to use PM's, knock your self out, but keep it out of the forums.

Thanks.

insanity tune with all the shift pressures turned up is just that.

SINNER do you like this tune? What do you do with your truck and what is done to your truck?

Yes i have been very happy with it so far. super firm shifts, amazing power. drives almost perfect with that tune. just starting to build truck up. truck has a banks intercooler, afe, straight 4" exhaust, o-ringed and ported heads.
and a new set of injectors going in this time apart. stage 3 elite's (225's). custom fuel system. not sure what im doing with the turbo yet but its not staying stock. truck is just a toy. i tow my boat about 10 miles a year back and forth to marina (16,000lbs), other than that just drive it around town. truck's never even been on a track.

Last edited:
haha you sound like me sinner, you just wanna have fun driving it every day. i really have no intrest in going down the track i just want my truck to haul azz LOL

Now, I cant say anything about elite quite yet because i havent been a customer, but i have been talking to robert for a very long time. The way their site has come together and the way they are making their OWN stuff, really impresses me. im not saying that because im biased, its quite the opposite. Custom injectors? Custom heads? Custom turbos? seems impressive to me...but thats my two cents, and its worth just about that :)

Dom

My experience with elite has been that the tunes were more money than the other guys which I knew up front, but purchased based on the assurance that the tunes had been tested to be safe and powerful. Results, tune did make my truck go faster but wont run from a cold startup. Never saw the performance that everyone talks about. In all fairness my truck has problems with low power in stock form and shifting issues that the dealer has not been able to fix and I cant blame tadd for not wanting to fix fords problems when all I purchased was a tune. I tried to get a datalogg done but for some reason my truck wont show the parameters with the sct that tadd wants to see and I cant seem to get him to call me back. I gave up trying to get this truck fixed and am working on a buyback from ford.

I haven't purchased anything from Elite yet, but I have emailed Robert about a new turbo and SCT tunes. He was very helpful and informative. He replied super fast. I told him I would like to get some tunes from him in the future and he said just contact him when I was ready. That is the only experience I have had with them, but it was a good one. My .02.
N-

kiddsplash said:
My experience with elite has been that the tunes were more money than the other guys which I knew up front, but purchased based on the assurance that the tunes had been tested to be safe and powerful. Results, tune did make my truck go faster but wont run from a cold startup. Never saw the performance that everyone talks about. In all fairness my truck has problems with low power in stock form and shifting issues that the dealer has not been able to fix and I cant blame tadd for not wanting to fix fords problems when all I purchased was a tune. I tried to get a datalogg done but for some reason my truck wont show the parameters with the sct that tadd wants to see and I cant seem to get him to call me back. I gave up trying to get this truck fixed and am working on a buyback from ford.
why would you even tune a truck thats not running right? tuning will highlight the factory weak points on a truck running perfectly. as far as the problem with the datalogging did you call sct. that is thier issue not the tuner's. seems like you were expecting the tuner to do alot more than its capable of doing.
$.02

Back