Intake Horn/ Grid heater delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like a SS one for a CR.

I am curious as to why you would want stainless? If the demand is big enough I would consider making stainless again. I do have one stainless horn left. My concerns with stainless is that its stainless, not stain proof. Over time it will show light rust. Stainless is also very expensive to machine and its metal properties are not the right fit for this application ( stainless likes to hold heat compared to aluminum) A big plus to stainless is that its very strong compared to aluminum!
Please do not think im trying to be condescending in anyway by my first sentence. I am really curious as to what the customer wants oppose to what “ I think”.

I am curious as to why you would want stainless? If the demand is big enough I would consider making stainless again. I do have one stainless horn left. My concerns with stainless is that its stainless, not stain proof. Over time it will show light rust. Stainless is also very expensive to machine and its metal properties are not the right fit for this application ( stainless likes to hold heat compared to aluminum) A big plus to stainless is that its very strong compared to aluminum!
Please do not think im trying to be condescending in anyway by my first sentence. I am really curious as to what the customer wants oppose to what “ I think”.

I'm just concerned with aluminums strength at the boost I could possibly see. It'll be ceramic coated anyhow once I get it.

I'm just concerned with aluminums strength at the boost I could possibly see. It'll be ceramic coated anyhow once I get it.

Im going to pressure test one very soon, I do understand your concern. Im only going to test to what my compressor can put out, i think thats in the 120psi range.

Pressure tested!! My compressor was only putting out about 110psi. The weakest link in the horn would be the butt joint so that’s what I tested. I welded half with no real penetration, then I welded half with very deep penetration to see if either side would fail. After that I cleaned out the inside of the weld like I normally do to get out any burs. I filled this with 110psi and left it for 40 minutes. No deformation or cracks of any kind. This picture was taken after the test.

ImportedPhotos00052.jpg
[/IMG]

Just wanted to say really nice product... Didn't get it installed on truck yet cuz head is getting ported but Looks nice, good quality. fjbiker very easy to get along with. Even sent insructions for those that need it.

Thanks

why does everybody take their heat gride heater off is it just for 1psi more boost

no damage during shipment.
I took my grid off cuz it didn't even work. Truck started fine all winter never pluged it in.

Just got some anodized black, I didn’t prep the metal the right way so there are some blemishes. This is the one for my truck. (please excuse the allen bolt headLOL)
ImportedPhotos00058.jpg
[/IMG]

I was going to sale them for $200 shipped but not the way they came out. I will let them go for $175 shipped. They are perfectly fine besides the coloring. They are not bad looking, just not perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.