Intake

I run an air raid filter through stock intake system. It has been stated by several that stock air intake system flows good unless going very extreme.

Leave the stock intake on till you start swapping turbos and injectors. $300 will buy PLENTY of OEM filters or other stuff.

I got an amsoil/injen cold air intake for my truck. But the only reason I got it is because my amsoil sponsor for our race team talked me into it lol. I do like it though, its a heck of a lot easier to remove then the oem filter. and it sounds good, only bad thing is they are expensive compaired to other brands. If ya want some pics of the setup pm me. Good luck on your choice!!

There isn't a better air filter you can buy on the market. The Donaldson Power Core is one kick butt filter so don't let sales hype fool you.

i.e. S&B intake kits flow more CFM when the filter is new and clean yet they will hold only 14% of the amount of dust and dirt the OEM filter can hold. So this is proof they may flow more at first but when they start holding the dirt and dust the OEM filter keeps on flowing FAR beyond the S&B.

You want to make your filter changes easier, just mod the intake housing.

IntakeMod2-1.jpg

depends on how much you want to pay.. I'd like to try the kit from jobe performance, he's proven to make the most hp he said, but its 500 bucks and comes with a battery and ccv i believe

depends on how much you want to pay.. I'd like to try the kit from jobe performance, he's proven to make the most hp he said, but its 500 bucks and comes with a battery and ccv i believe

Please quit listening to the drivel Reagan spews....he also recomends putting your intercooler in your hood....we know that ain't right. LOL

How about the muffler with a propeller in it ? LMFAO. :hehe:

Here guys...hours of fun and laughter. LOL
Jobe Performance - Home Page

Last edited:
The airaid filters work. For 250 bucks it gets my money for all 3 of our trucks. Yippie **** on the ammount of dirt that the stock filter will hold. How bout putting them on a flow test machine and map the voltage curve on the MAF meter. Personally, Yanking out the airaid and washing it with some car wash soap while im draining the oil seems like a better idea than rebuying the stock one over and over.

Stock filter wins until your truck is putting down low 500's hp in my book

The airaid filters work. For 250 bucks it gets my money for all 3 of our trucks. Yippie **** on the ammount of dirt that the stock filter will hold. How bout putting them on a flow test machine and map the voltage curve on the MAF meter. Personally, Yanking out the airaid and washing it with some car wash soap while im draining the oil seems like a better idea than rebuying the stock one over and over.

:clap::thankyou2:

I'll second that. I bought an S&B for the simple fact that its easy to clean and I wont have to buy another $70 filter again.

Stock filter wins until your truck is putting down low 500's hp in my book

I guess I could have saved the money from the filters and blown it on a Stage 2 fuel kit from Trusted Performance for the gobs of HP potential it unleashes.

I guess I could have saved the money from the filters and blown it on a Stage 2 fuel kit from Trusted Performance for the gobs of HP potential it unleashes.

Well I have back to back dyno's of half a dozen aftermarket intakes and not one beat the factory intake on the high end and most don't match the low end flow on the truck when we dyno’ed it.

The Airaid you love so much, lost almost 13 horsepower on the dyno (that was the least amount after 3 pulls). But hey, when you can look at a volt meter sitting behind a desk and know what it is doing in a real world, why would you need a dyno or any actual factual data? Heck for that matter, the Stage 2 kit, gives you 1,000 horsepower extra. At least that’s how much it can flow. Same thing right?

do you think i should mod the housing or just keep everything the same?

I think I need to explain my comment a little better. Doug and I had a good conversation over the phone last night and it dawned on me I didn't explain my comment very well.

I’m a fan of the factory air filter because in numerous dyno tests (that I have done) it has out performed on the top end. The Airaid while loosing top end power does offer more air flow down low. This causes the EGT’s to be reduced (don’t know how much), and increases the mpg of the truck on the freeway (about .5 mpg in my testing). So, it is a good alternative to the factory intake.

For me, if I can have the top end power in a factory package, I’m going to. That’s because I believe that Ford has the engine’s best interest in mind. Ford spent a lot of money, time and research in developing the intake. They test it in numerous environments and a lot of different circumstances that I don’t believe most aftermarket companies take into account. So, in my book, if I can get the same power out of a factory component, then I’m going to keep it.

Is the Airaid a good filter, yes. Increased mpg and reduced EGT’s in the rpm range the most people drive in most of the time. But when I hit the track, I’m looking for power, not fuel economy.

As far as an aFe, I have never had the opportunity to do back to back testing. So, I don’t know.

Nah. Doug was drinking some Crown last night. Ford spent the same money on the piece of crap intake on the 7.3L. The 6.0L filter has its own issues that I mentioned to Chad last night on the phone. And they completely screwed the 6.4L filter housing. I'm not a fan of spending money to put the stock air filter back in when I can wash the AirAid. And I have the data to prove it outperforms on the bottom end and matches the stock filter on the top end. However I'll take the extra 100 or so extra ft lbs in the sub 2000rpm range. And since fuel economy is on everyones mind. Dollar for dollar reusable wins in my Crown and Coke mind.