Intercoolers

krysafk42

I have a 1996 F350 7.3 will a stock intercooler from a 2001 F250 7.3 with all of its pluming fit mine? Found one for a good price looking to buy.

The intercooler will fit but you will have to use the super duty intake spider. You'll also have to fab up some mounting brackets and make the opening on either side of the radiator bigger. I put an intercooler from an 03' super duty in mine but I used an installation kit from GTS Motorsports. They are kind of pricey but very complete and I don't have the fabrication skills to fab up my own.

The intake spider is a good way to go, but make sure that you get an early 99 intake spider because you intakes are 2''. Or you can just fab you pipes to fit your current stuff. Alot less money this way.

Oh and about the price, I paid $100 for 6.0 intercooler and $50 for pipes.

price

if thats with the spyder that will work with your truck 300 its bad.

$300 is a little high in my opininon if your just getting the intercooler. I think I paid $75 for my aluminum one plus the piping.

Quite a few people have the GTS setup. There are pretty expensive. If you have the ability to fab up the pipes you'd save a lot of money. Not sure if Ford still makes the intake spyder but here is the part number in case you can't find one.

F81Z-6K889BA

I have tow part numbers for this intake does anyone know witch one will work because I don't know witch is for the early 99 is? F81Z6K889BA and 1827284C1 Thanks Frank

early 99 intake manifold for a intercooler

I have two part numbers for this intake does anyone know witch one will work because I don't know witch is for the early 99 is? F81Z6K889BA and F6TZ6K889A Please help i need this done in two weeks. Thanks Frank

thats fine. But they really only cost 50 bucks? What about that y pipe from the turbo and into the motor?

If you find some on ebay you can get um for that sometimes.....

The only intake spyder that will work....is from an Early 99 Superduty

How much would this benefit a 1997 Powerstroke? Power, Mileage, EGTs? My buddy just picked one up today.

-Dustin-