Interesting conversation I just had...discuss

CR are awesome it the sellers of NO protection thats causing the problems..It's like messing around without protection,some get it,and some get it in the Mail.I just rebuild 2 CP3s this week with leaky seals, One form wear the other form excessive pressure the seller of the lift pump told him 30psi is nothing for the CP3 to handle.Company Makes great pump , A little high on the Pressure though.

If it was the cp3 seal, the oil level should rise just by running the lift pump.

Partially correct, the lift pump only supplies around 15-20 psi to the cp3. The cp3 has 2 shaft seals, 1 inner that seals case pressure (case pressure goes as high as 250psi) and 1 outer seal. If the inner seal is only leaking under high pressure the lift pump will not create enough pressure to cause a leak.

I ran the lift pump for a while...no difference I could see so I popped off the valve cover and ran it with the FCA unplugged...can't visibly see and fuel coming from anywhere.
I don't know...it's making oil from somewhere.

Here's some pictures.The hole in the seal area is small you can easily inundate this are with fuel ,it will have NO choice but to overflow into the crank case.

Attachments

• CP3 Parts Arrow.jpg
    CP3 Parts Arrow.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 0
Excessive Pressure cause the gears to rub against the backing plate and lockup... snapping the eccentric shaft.

Attachments

• Mchrist gear.jpg
    Mchrist gear.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
resolved

I ran the lift pump for a while...no difference I could see so I popped off the valve cover and ran it with the FCA unplugged...can't visibly see and fuel coming from anywhere.
I don't know...it's making oil from somewhere.

Was this problem ever resolved??

If my truck started making oil I would not be looking for injectors. I would be looking for some patents and then some reverse engineering...just my $.02

To test for cracked injectors just take the valve cover off and run the engine... Disconnect the FCA and you will find any leak from the offending injector/s... Whole test takes about 15 minutes and one whole beer...

You can blow the solenoids off the injectors doing that.

CR are awesome it the sellers of NO protection thats causing the problems..It's like messing around without protection,some get it,and some get it in the Mail.I just rebuild 2 CP3s this week with leaky seals, One form wear the other form excessive pressure the seller of the lift pump told him 30psi is nothing for the CP3 to handle.Company Makes great pump , A little high on the Pressure though.

hmmm what kind of supply pressure were you running again, Rich? LOL

My issue was a bad injector. Swapped all 6 and no more problem.
I was running 60psi inlet pressure for a while and I've reused the tubes 3 times now with no issues. Don't think I'd try a 4th though.

Back