intermittent knock after head swap

mopar or no car

Ok, so I just started the engine after swapping heads, and it has an intermittent knock. Engine got up to temp, retourque is done, valve lash reset-minimal adjustment was needed. Cracked injection lines one at a time, didn't affect when it knocks. Knock was there from the beginning after air was bled and it fired up. The more it warms up the less it seems to knock. Sometimes after starting it won't knock, or won't knock right away. Dad was holding brake and slipping clutch, under load it won't knock. Engine idles fine, doesn't miss, doesn't smoke till ya hit the gas(200hp inj & no plate). Free revs fine. Sound seems to come from the back of the engine, the shifter boot is off from the floor. Also can be heard from pass. front wheel well, again sounds like its coming from back of the engine. Didn't hear the knock before the head swap, didn't touch bottom end. Rathar stumped here.

Jordan

Test drive done, knock is there the whole time except idling or when stomping on it, and stomping on it might make enough noise to drown it out-not sure. Another joyous discovery-during test drive couldn't get it into 1st gear, wonder if i missed a fork on a collar when rebuilding the trans:(:(

tried using a stethoscope or sounding rod to find where the noise is the loudest?
so when you cracked the injector lines there wasnt one that followed the rhythm of the knock?
Tried detaching the engine from the rest of the driveline to rule out that part?

Since i somehow messed something up with 1st gear, drivetrain is all coming out, and yes i'll fire it up to see if the knock is coming from the drivetrain. Nothing changed cracking the inj. lines. Starting to think that even though the trans slid right in, got to be a prob with clutch, maybe I overlooked the clutch fork position, might have slipped off the pivot ball.

Did you use the same thickness head gasket when you changed the head?