Into the 12s

ThunderedRod

Hot Pants
Just laid down a 12.96 on Saturday at the keystone diesel nationals at maple grove raceway in pa. My goal of the day was to get into the twelves and after two runs, a 13.09 and a 13.07, I squeezed in a 12.96 against my smack talking dmax friend. He is running a s475 over stock and efi live. I was pumped! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375117878.026338.jpg
He "won" the race but I ran faster....

Sent from my fancy thinking box

lol Its a nice truck but when he had to take off his 35s and run a stock tire/wheel combination just to drag race I laughed at him.

Add a second cp3 and lock your converter off the line, you'll be mid to low 12's.

Yeah I thought about it... Duals are freaking expensive!!! Haha plus I don't think engine needs more fuel with this charger judging off my egts at 3000 rpm in 3rd gear. 1800 degrees at least. A lock up switch would help and I have considered it but just for a few tenths I didn't think it would be worth it for the added stress on the driveline.

Side note, when I run down the track wot it drags 3rd gear out so far I lose power for about 2 secs before it shifts into Od. How do I correct this? A lock up switch?

Last edited:
You can do a dual cp3 set up for less than $1800. Forum member 94ttss sells a complete kit minus the second cp3 and return lines. Buy a used, stock cp3, ($250-$300), fab up some return lines, and go back to the track.

No offense that's the expense I was talking about. I'd rather spend that 1800 on a Motorsport stroked cp3.. I am for sure not going bigger on injectors in the future.

Also I'd really like to add a s480 and make my own piping or do a s467 from TMoney... Right now I'm leaning towards the s467.

Duals would help more than you think. If you're not maintaining enough rail pressure your egt's are going to be HIGH. I went through the same chit with my 5.9 CR.

Yeah I know what you mean that best 1/4 mile time was run on a tntr 3. I don't remember what my rail read but it was just about near 20k.. Maybe I'll try a added cp3 next instead of a turbo. We shall see

Regardless of what you decide, ask around, talk to some of the other racers on here to make sure you are throwing money in the right direction. If you're like me it's never enough...12's are fun, wait till you get it into the 11's. :Cheer:

And when you say a second cp3 are you talking one from a dmax or a cr?

Another stock, CR cp3 will deliver enough fuel to support 900-1000hp.

Gotcha I'll contact 94ttss and see what he can do for me