Intro to new spools and axle shafts

uncle_bens

Klikkel Motorsports
I found this over on another site.

Here is a few pictures of the the 37 spline spool, and pictures of modding the axle tubes to take the 1 5/8 axle shafts. It takes about an hour to mod the axle housing with the special tool I made that will be available for rent.

This set up is for the 11.5 AAM axles found in the D-max and 2003 and newer dodges.

First batch of 30 spline spools will be ready to ship the first of the week.

I am going to test this 37 spline set up ASAP and if all is well they will go into production ASAP.

The Hooker has proven to be the perfect axle tester.

Attachments

• spool%20install%20axle.jpg
    spool%20install%20axle.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 153
  • spool%20install%20axles.jpg
    spool%20install%20axles.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 131
  • spool%20install%20ream.jpg
    spool%20install%20ream.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 159
  • spool%20install%20spool%201.jpg
    spool%20install%20spool%201.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 94
  • spool%20install%20spool.jpg
    spool%20install%20spool.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 102
This set up is for the 11.5 AAM axles found in the D-max and 2003 and newer dodges.

First batch of 30 spline spools will be ready to ship the first of the week.

I am going to test this 37 spline set up ASAP and if all is well they will go into production ASAP.

So does the 03+ Dodges have 30 or 37 spline axels from the factory? What is the spline on the older 2nd gen trucks?

so does this mean that the axle from the 03+ dodges will fit on the 2nd gen trucks?

So does the 03+ Dodges have 30 or 37 spline axels from the factory? What is the spline on the older 2nd gen trucks?

30 spline from the factory, same exact axle as a duramax.....

so does this mean that the axle from the 03+ dodges will fit on the 2nd gen trucks?

NO......02 and older trucks had Dana's, these are for AAM axles.....

TONY BURKHARD IS THE ONE THAT IS HAVING THE SPOOLS AND AXLES BUILT........​

hmmmm, i dont know of anyone that does.....if i had the money i would have someone build one.....

SCS actually has a mini spool, not a full spool. I have one in my drag truck. It fits in the limited slip carrier. Their axles are 35 spline but they are splined on both ends for added strength.

So why no arb, e-locker , or anything. Isnt there enough need. Come on already.

In most sanctions that would disqualify a 3rd gen guy with a 2nd gen rear right?

It shouldn't. Most sanctioning bodies rules state that the drivetrain has to come from a 1-ton or less truck. I don't recall of one saying that it would have to be from the same year truck.

Back