Intro

DavidB

Hey, I'm David. Live in El Centro = East SoCal, near Mex/AZ border.

Used to have a '98 CTD auto 4x4, left it stock.

Now I have a '95 CTD Xcab I just bought. Leaf spring front with '78 Ford D60, hydraulic assist power steering. Bigger turbo, hopped up pump, 5" exhaust, etc. Beefed NV4500. 37" SSRs, airbags, aux tank.

Shop2-24-08.jpg

You've might've seen the dodge around here before...

I'm the foreman at above pictured shop. I'm also an avid 4x4 nut.

'88 blazer truggy in progress. Locked one ton axles, 44" tires, hyd assist steering, etc.

NowWhat.jpg

Welcome to CompD, the head gasket isn't too bad to change especially if you have a shop like the one pictured above.

-Tom

I'm more worried about making sure I don't have to do it again.

Think O-rings are necessary? I run 40 psi boost, but I tend to have a heavy foot, but the effect of the HG loss on my wallet/free time will probably put my foot on a diet. That and diesel prices. :bang

boost may not be your only enemy depending on what turbo your running if stk you may have some high drive pressure which could cause you hg failure

my buddy has a pro street 66 from htt and it has a 16cm ss housing for helping keep low drive pressure its holding 45 psi on stk hg and stk bolts and made 480 hp so far we will see when and where it blows

The turbo is not stock, but I don't remember what it is. Need to get with the PO.

I need to research drive pressure unless someone wants to school me.

you want to keep your engine pressure that drives the turbo as close to (1:1) with your boost pressure as possible

So, boost gauges befor and after turbo should read close. How is this achieved?

Thanks!

you can use a pyro hole or mak aonther hold beside the pyro hole and put in a brass fitting like you would for your boost line but use copper line instread 1\8 will pluc up so i think you have to use 1\4.
take that copper tube to somewhere over to driverside and connect it to boost line and then hook boost line to a gauge

Oops, I should have been clearer...I can install a gauge, but how does one keep the pressures similar?

Most just do it to test, and don't run it all the time.

I've seen them hooked up with a "T" in the hole in the manifold so you can run the pyro and DP gauges at the same time, from one hole.