Introduction from Northern California 1wwilson

1wwilson

Hello every body,
I am a retired contractor, involuntary! Any way my rig is a Dodge Ram 3500,
It's pretty much stock. Since I've owned the truck I have had this problem with a
DTC code P0191 Throttle Sensor Code. Took the truck to mechanic they said the truck needed a Turbo, Shaft was moving in and out and side to side. While they were in there they found a bad Exhaust Manifold, manifold was leaking and when they took the manifold off they found 37 gaskets for a 6 port motor? I purchased AFE products exhaust manifold (Stainless Steel) and a Blade Runner Turbo.

Then I found out that all I had to do was take it to the dealer to have the ECM Flashed, when the truck was at the dealer here in Nothern Cal. They said the truck had already been flashed and there engineers in Michigan said truck needs 6 injectors for the tune of $5300.00.
Can some one please help?
Thanks 1wwilson:nail:

Welcome

You didn't tell us what model year you have, but I'' assume somewhere between 03-07 5.9 Cummins

The exhaust gaskets are multi layer steel. When they removed the manifold, the gaskets simply fell apart.
5300.00 is too much for the injectors and labor. Stay away from dealerships if you want to be treated fairly. I'm on the wrong end of the country to be of much help to you, but we have many members from California that will possibly chime in.