Is a new Manifold Worth The Cost

motasupra

Hi I had just put a Super b Special Turbo on my truck and my egt gets a little high when I go from 60-100mph. I was thinking of getting a manifold to cool it just a bit but is it worth it and are the cheap ones good for cooling/ power???

Fill out your Sig so we know what's done to your truck and somebody may have words of wisdom to correct your problem. I'd say your turbo can't keep up with you mating it at 60.

A new one will help some. Anything is better than a stock one. I allways port the new ones i get to help out all i can on air flow. But at that speed and rpm it will run hot no matter what. Try to tune it better.

As far as a cheap one goes, they look as good as the other ones. I have heard good reports on them. Nothing bad yet! But they all will crack at some point.

I have a super b special with my stock ex. Manifold for almost two years now with my egts at 1800 plus and have not even had a shrinkage problem. I always do let my egts cool to about 400 and lower before I shut it down. It's all about how you take care of everything

Ok with my set up the egt caps out at about 1450. it does not seem to go any higher than that even when i pull 0-100 with it to the wood the hole time. I just put the turbo on last week so I'm flooring it every where to see how it runs. so far so good. :charger:

Just fixed the sig.
I'm new to diesels I just used them to get my crawler from the shop to the trail but after i sold the crawler I needed a change. So far I like hauling ass in my dodge. Went to the drags on the stock turbo and ran 15.33 in two wheel. I'll run with the new turbo soon.

Last edited:
Get a new gauge that's capable of reading higher temps. I bet it gets alot hotter! Also, is the probe pre turbo or post turbo?

The gauge goes to 1600 and on the stock turbo it would peg the damn thing. I have the probe in the manifold just in front of the turbo. When I floor it there is a lot of smoke but when the turbo gets to 45lbs the smoke clears quite a bit. I guess my goal was to get the egt just down a bit and to get the smoke to clear for the most part when I'm at full boost.