is it possible to plug the ICP

halerazor

my friends been having problems with his 04 not starting he cahnged out his ipr a month ago but now it won't start again. anyway i told him to check the wiring for the ICP but once he got the turbo out he found that someone had removed the ICP and put a plug in it's place. has anyone seen this before on his oasis report it says that they replaced the ICP and harness back in 05. is it possible they could have upgraded it to the 05 style. he has been the only owner of this truck.

Sometimes the harness' pig tail that plugs into the ICP has to get replaced so that's probably why there's a new connector on the harness for the ICP. I'd try replacing the ICP itself. Or do you mean that the ICP is no longer in the HPOP housing cover and that there is a plug covering up the hole?

thats what i was wondering if they programmed around it, he didn't have problems until he put his sct on. i'm wondering if they put it under the valve cover like on the 05's. i'm heading over to his house tommorrow i'll take some pics

ok what i found out was that you can remove the icp sensor and the truck will run cause the pcm comes up with a referred value. so its just maikin up numbers to let it run. So when the programmer was installed it cant run right cause it doesnt see the correct readings

Yeah, but even still, removing the ICP and putting a plug in the HPOP housing where the ICP was is a sh*ty way of fixing the problem. If this work was done at a dealership i would take it back and ***** about it.

I would calm down till you see it. Probably just the plug from when it was moved to the valve cover(where I'm guessing you will find it). It will default and idle if unplugged, but that is common knowledge for diagnosing a bad ICP.

I would calm down till you see it. Probably just the plug from when it was moved to the valve cover(where I'm guessing you will find it). It will default and idle if unplugged, but that is common knowledge for diagnosing a bad ICP.

Yeah, but how could it get moved to the valve cover unless the truck got the newer style heads? There's no way you can just move the ICP to the passanger side head like the 04.5+ models unless you switch to that style head. And from the sounds of it, it doesn't have the newer style heads with the ICP in the passanger side head.

He probably has an 05 style motor. They have a plug in the Hpop cover just like he is describing.

thats what i was wondering if they programmed around it, he didn't have problems until he put his sct on. i'm wondering if they put it under the valve cover like on the 05's. i'm heading over to his house tommorrow i'll take some pics

It sounds like after reading this post that his motor is earlier than '04.5, but guess we'll hafta wait for pics. I'm sure the dealer wouldn't change heads just to change the location of the ICP even though it would be nice.

we found the icp it was on the valve cover , but the rest of the engine components are 04 including the hpop. the connector for the icp had oil and dirt inside of it so we cleaned it with contact cleaner hopefully this was his problem. we also started the truck with the icp diconnected and it started and drove like normal except when he put it into drive the check engine light came on, but didn't affect the performance any

It's an '04 truck with the ICP in the valve cover cause in mid '04 they moved it from the HPOP cover to the valve cover to get it away from the heat.

IS this thing on????? Seriously?

The ICP on later 04's is in the passenger valve cover.

Cleaning the harness will not make the problem go away, oil in the wiring will affect the harness. You can buy a pigtail for it, and that will fix the problem.

i'll post pics tommorrow. the build date on the truck is March of 2004 . what i don't understand is how can a bad ICP cause a truck not to start but we can disconnect it and it will run fine. i know it's a closed loop system and looking for 500psi but if it is diconnected it shouldn't start

ICP test

When you unplug the ICP the computer defaults to 500 psi. If you plug it back in and it wont start, replace the icp and plug it back in. Bet it starts.

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

The oil in the plug gets into the wiring, and causes it to read incorrectly. Buy the pigtail, its under 20.00, and replace it. When the ICP starts leaking, it usually takes out the harness.

if dalpilot woudn't have said anything about the ICP being on the valve cover we would have never found it, But is a build date of march a late 04