Is RR kit needed for 150 over stock

agamache

Was wondering if I needed to invest in a regulated return kit if i was only planing on going 150hp over stock and factory injectors
:thankyou2:

I believe so anyways. cause with that much extra hp and on hard accelerating runs fuel pressure will drop significantly. A regulated return will help make sure that the fuel pressure doesn't drop so that the injectors will not be starved.

RR return $1000. good set of injectors$1700 why thake the chance of starving them new sticks fo fuel:badidea:

I meant to say I was staying with factory injectors. Sorry about that

Even with factory injectors....a good race tune will make the truck drop fuel pressure alot on hard runs. Oh, and a RR wont cost 1000 bucks. Mine costed 600 and i believe ITP's kit is way under 1000 bucks.

Even with factory injectors....a good race tune will make the truck drop fuel pressure alot on hard runs. Oh, and a RR wont cost 1000 bucks. Mine costed 600 and i believe ITP's kit is way under 1000 bucks.

my fuel pressure would drop to less than 20PSI with stock fuel system/injectors and a race tune at WOT..

a put on an ITP RR and still had a drastic pressure drop.. even with new filters my stock pump couldn't keep up.. i have 2 stock pumps now and FP is fine..

Sounds as if I need to start saving money for the RR along with the sct, egr delete and eventually studs.LOL

Why not do an Airdog II and a crossover kit, it'd be well under the $1000 mark.

dennis at itp makes a kit as well its only like 630

trust me its a good investment even with stock injectors.

RR is a smart move. You may consider building one, it's not that expensive to get the lines and fittings. If you add an AirDog you are adding in cost but the fuel will be there when you need it.

If I spent the money,the RR kit will probably be my choice so I can get rid of the issue with the fuel dead heading. I will be looking @ 600-700 dollars either way. Heavy Assuilt were would be a good place to look if I were to try to make my own RR kit

Jeg's, Summit Racing or just Google the web. Basically you need a couple of "y" fittings, some elbows and some fuel lines with fittings.

PM will be sent soon with lessons I learned the hard way.

You need a pump. Not a regulated return. A regulator won't add volume from the pump. Think about it.

A RR will help but like doug said i'd also do a airdog or FASS along with it cause if fuel pressure is dropping that means that the volume isn't there.

The fuel dead heading in the heads is what gets me. If I am diving forty down the road and smash the throttle I don't see how the regulator in the fuel bowl could react fast enough to keep the back injectors from running dry.

Would the after market pump pick up fast enough that the regulator in the fuel would have time to react because if the volume of fuel coming to it.

Sorry to ask so many questions. I am still learning

last year i did the BB mod to my buddy's '05. It raised the fuel pressure from 48psi to 58psi. But even on the canned sct street tune, fuel pressure would drop to almost 40psi on a hard accelerated run. So a few months ago i pulled the BB out of the factory regulator and installed a FASS 95/90 standalone pump system that gets rid of the factory pump(HFCM). Pressure now at idle is around 60psi and on a hard run it drops to like maybe 55psi but comes right back to 60 in a couple seconds. If you can only afford one or the other right now, i would actually get a pusher pump that piggy backs the factory one, or get a standalone system that removes the factory pump. You can always put a RR on later. My buddy's '05 doesn't have a RR and it's been running good with the FASS 95/90.