Is the HOT CODE worth it?

Walker_MP_2500

I have a 2001 dodge 2500! I have a question for the guys with the edge attitude! Is the $100 worth the HOT CODE? Can you tell a diffrance?:st:

depending on what you have and what you want too doo with your truck, if you still have stock turbo then i woukd wait. but if your all modded up then i would hard too say cant feel it really but it pulls longer and you dump more fuel down low. i was going too put my 100 dollars too the quad adrenaline but reading all the reviews were good but the thing is very unrealiable right now so i spent the 100 buck on my hot code and have no regrets.my truck is an 01 dodge with nadp race tranny edge juice with hot jammer 2 injectors fass 150 modded vp44 afe bladerunner k@n cold air flowmaster 4 inch hightech 62/65/13 ss turbo and just added the smart box.

I dont know about the Dodges but it will rip the guts out of an Allison in a Duramax.

I have a comp on my 98 and i had it upgraded to the drag comp and it is awsome!!! It pulls so much more

We bought the drag comp and never tried the regular comp, all I know is that it is an animal.

I will tell you what it impressed the hell out of me at the dyno event this weekend a guy with an 06 had it and a K&N filter only dynoed 505!!!!

hmmm maybe i should get my hot unlock code for mine i wasnt going to get it cause i didnt think it was worth it

Drag comp (same as hot)+ II hotrod vp+ 275rv's went 9.03 in the 1/8 mile with my QC SB 4x4 STICK

IMO, the HOT unlock upgrade is more beneficial for stick shift trucks. I have found that when I hot rodded my truck in the past, I frequently would rev past the 2700 rpm and immediately lose power. I don't have an automatic so I can't really comment but I'd think an auto would not get the full benefit since it shouldn't get over 2700 till you're going really fast.

The Hot unlock does smoke/fuel harder earlier in the power band.

I'll tell you this, the step up in power from Hot Juice to Standard Adrenaline was much greater that step up in power from standard Juice to Hot Juice.

HOT Juice seems to really defuel around 3200 RPM, whereas the Adrenaline seems to pull hard till I get scared and lift=3600.

It was a lot easier for me to do burn outs with the HOT Juice upgrade than the standard Juice.

I doubt that a 06 with a intake and a hot box did 505, the stock turbo only supports 425hp at the max, IIRC? You would have to run injectors on that truck to push a insane amount of boost out of the stocker, like 50 psi or so, and it would probably come apart, not to mention the egt's would be about 1900*

Just saying...

I would like to trade these Jammer 4 sticks for some nice Mach 2's or EDM's or something that burns a little cleaner and maybe a little less HP. In turn, I'd like to get the HOT code. I like my truck about where it is at 450hp but if I could use smaller injectors and the hot code to stay in the same place, then when I turn my box down I'd get better economy. Does that make sense to anyone? I'm assuming to get the hot code you have to send in the box for the Edge attitude or does it just enter through the controller? I guess I could go look it up but I'm lazy. :D Thanks for the info guys, I wondered the same thing.

I would like to trade these Jammer 4 sticks for some nice Mach 2's or EDM's or something that burns a little cleaner and maybe a little less HP. In turn, I'd like to get the HOT code. I like my truck about where it is at 450hp but if I could use smaller injectors and the hot code to stay in the same place, then when I turn my box down I'd get better economy. Does that make sense to anyone? I'm assuming to get the hot code you have to send in the box for the Edge attitude or does it just enter through the controller? I guess I could go look it up but I'm lazy. :D Thanks for the info guys, I wondered the same thing.

You can just enter it in through the attitude. Just call them, or download the form from the site give them your credit card # and wammo.

Awesome! Thanks Jeff.

Glad my model is on the list of "don't have to send in" boxes. :D

Anyone has dyno charts comparing level 5 to level 6 (hot) side by side? I'd sure like to see the difference.

Awesome! Thanks Jeff.

Glad my model is on the list of "don't have to send in" boxes. :D

Righto. Do it now!!!! Before you talk yourself out of it. :hehe: Fathers day gift From Jory to Jory.

I want to upgrade mine but I need to beef up the tranny a little before I do it