Is this a real thing?

02psd7.3

I have been hearing things about a bully dog tunr that will fuel over 4000rpm

Does anyone have this tune? Or ever hear of such a thing?

most likely there's no such thing..... yet, or it would be the talk of the town !

How about the guys that say they can turn 38-3900 down the track, what tunes are they running?

Got me by the short hairs, but maybe i haveto call bully dog tomorrow and see what they say

I just seen this on the bullydog websight

I think the 2.4.1 is a crazy lary tune correct
i think that one came after 2.4 D
V2.4.1 August 1st, 2007
All Trucks
- New on the Fly Screen with “No Added Power” instead of “Stock”
Dodge Trucks
- Added Rev Limiter Adjustment from 3500 RPM to 4100 RPM ‘03-’07 Dodge Cummins
- Added Fueling On All Trucks 03-07 Dodge Cummins

- Added Tire Size to recalibrate OEM Speedometer ’03-07 Dodge Cummins
- Added P.T.O. function to idle truck up to 2000 RPM –’03-’07 Dodge Cummins
- Added Speed Limiter Adjustment from 50 MPH to 200 MPH ‘ ’03-’07 Dodge Cummins
-Added all light features for ‘07 Dodge Cummins.
- Added Daytime Running Light Enable/Disable for ‘06 & ‘07 Dodge Cummins.
- Included TSB # 18-022-07 for ’03-’05 Dodge Cummins.

How about the guys that say they can turn 38-3900 down the track, what tunes are they running?
I come out of the hole on 4200, and mid track (if i think to peak at the gauge) its right around 3900. But I have seen one truck, that i know of hold 4000, to 4200. All Smarty TNT-R

I leave about 4200 and 3900-4000 down the track check out the stirgus vid. All on TNT-R some trucks are different

Just wondering to those that do or go over 4000rpm. what is the safe limit on the factory damper. I know that they 12v are not good at 4100rpm they get out of balance what about the 3rd gen 5.9

The 2.4d program will fuel to 4200. It has been out for well over a year now.

The 2.4d program will fuel to 4200. It has been out for well over a year now.

why is it that no one can produce a dyno sheet to prove it then ?

It has been talked about but nobody listens. $.02

Theres such a thing dude.:Cheer:

Yes, it's been talked about but, if there was a program that actually fuel that high.... there wouldn't be so many asking for it

i have a tune that came from Bud via Wade when he was at ats.tune would turn 3950 to 4000 on wot runs.on my truck it set high rail pressure codes about every 3rd hard pass.never could get it to work for me.the guy i sold it too had no problems at all..

I know when i put the crazy larry tune on my PMT it would let you turn the rev limiter up to 4200rpm. I don't know if it fuels to 4200 or what thats just what the numbers were???

I just did it on mine it let me go up to 4100 and it dumps the smoke out all the way up to 4100 so i will have to see

I am assuming that some valve springs would be a good idea

Yes, it's been talked about but, if there was a program that actually fuel that high.... there wouldn't be so many asking for it

I dont want to argue with you man. You apparently know what you are doing and I dont have anything against that. I'm just stating what I know to be true on my truck and a couple of other trucks I run around with. A guy like yourself should try running the BD tune and adjust the limiter to see what happens. I know you have tried BD and didnt have good results, but I think you should give it another try. $.02 I will provide dyno sheets in 2wks. off of a couple of trucks and we will see the results.....hopefully they are good:hehe:

I have the program, if you want I will send it to you and you can try it for yourself.

I dont want to argue with you man. You apparently know what you are doing and I dont have anything against that. I'm just stating what I know to be true on my truck and a couple of other trucks I run around with. A guy like yourself should try running the BD tune and adjust the limiter to see what happens. I know you have tried BD and didnt have good results, but I think you should give it another try. $.02 I will provide dyno sheets in 2wks. off of a couple of trucks and we will see the results.....hopefully they are good:hehe:

I'm not trying to argue about anything either. Nor am I trying to say the Smarty is better than anything out there. For what I've tried though... it has been.

I sold my BD a long time ago. I did have a custom tune also. It was the same tune PDI used in their white mega that did over 1000hp. I forget but, I believe it was a 2.4P At the time I only had the beta 4.2 from Smarty. A comparison between the two on the track had the Smarty putting a hurtin' on the custom BD tune. I ran a 13.4 compared to a 12.6. That was the best either had in them and was enough for me to stick with a Smarty.

Because of what a BD can and will do to the electronics in these trucks.... I'd rather stay away from it. Plus, because of the fact BD said they will be charging for custom tunes and they'll only be available on a $1000 programmer, I opted out.