is this a steal or what?

SixOhh

EPA unfriendly
believe it or not, i have the chance to pick up this truck tomorrow for 1k $ cash money

i believe its a 92 but i still haven't gotten any hard evidence.

2wd 12v intercooled, rotary pump, with OD trans.

im guessing its a 3/4 ton but i was surprised to see cab lights.

anywayz, the body has some issues but no major rust and i dont care cause obviously, i have a daily driver... i want to make it the ugliest, fastest 12v i have ever owned LOL

2011-01-29_16-44-09_131.jpg

2011-01-29_16-44-16_355.jpg

2011-01-29_16-45-33_479.jpg

2011-01-29_16-45-55_894.jpg

the interior is pretty clean besides it being RED:doh:
what do you guys think the value of this truck is?

it has a clean title and the owner says he starts it up once a year and has a bunch of extra parts for it. also has a new radiator and hoses....

also i have the stock turbo off my 97' p-pumped motor and IIRC its bigger and wastegated differently correct?

yea def buy it, it would a fun project

im thinking a little maintenance, a LOT of cleaning scrubbing and painting... then a fresh trans, some air and some timing!

ohhh the options....

thanks for your honesty forrest, everything is operable, its just been sitting.

you still have the fleece?

I'd defenatly buy it. I would just clean the interior up a lil bit, no body work at all, throw a set of sticks, p-pump, twins, oring the head and a built tranny then go out into the streets and show up a few punk kids that think thier CR with a Programmer is king of the road a thing or 3 lol. The more junked the truck looks at a red light, the bigger the surprise at the next red light lol.

now your speaking my language.

look on the driver of the C6 vette at the next red light= priceless

i need to post some pics of my 94 on here...it is beat to $hit but i got it for a steal. im doing the same thing your doing, making it the ugliest, fastest 12v in va beach lol

I wouldn't use the Auto that is in the truck though. I believe they uses the 727 torqueflight in the older body trucks. I would get a built 47RH and do a search on hooking up a couple hobb switches for the OD and lockup. You can find alot of other info on what ever else you want for mods aswell. Lots of different setups have been discussed here. Jus thave to look for what your wanting to know.

I don't understand why people don't like the 727.. This truck has a 518 non-lockup overdrive.

You won't need a lock up tranny, or a p pump to make this truck fast. Remember, these trucks are very light, and have the best low end torque. The VE pump trucks can be made to stick with most chipped trucks. My 89 is no super human rig, is only at 300 horses, but will hold its own against a 450 horse ( heavy ) truck. You can build up what you have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lscux4doFTI

Last edited:
A built A518 can take a beating.

[If it's a '92, it has the A518 (AKA: 46RH)].

Last edited:
I'd part that junker and put the money towards something that isn't going to require a new everything in order to run right.

I'd part that junker and put the money towards something that isn't going to require a new everything in order to run right.

I would part out the 06 and buy something you can tune with your own hands. Everyone likes what they like. I happen to like square, non electronic, self tuned trucks. My programmer is a wrench and screw driver. For a grand if the motor runs good and the body is not a rusty pile its worth it. Is it going to need work? Well, yes, thats why its a grand.

I would part out the 06 and buy something you can tune with your own hands. Everyone likes what they like. I happen to like square, non electronic, self tuned trucks. My programmer is a wrench and screw driver. For a grand if the motor runs good and the body is not a rusty pile its worth it. Is it going to need work? Well, yes, thats why its a grand.

newb, I've owned more 12v trucks than you've ever beat off to on the internet...

I've worked on even more.

I love 12 valves. I just hate wasting money... I don't like raggedy pieces of **** that need $10-15k or more just to hang with a CR with a programmer... Only to turn around and MAYBE get $4500 out of it. I bought my current '03 for $4500. I had Michael at HotRodDiesels build the tranny and I put a little tune on it...

While he's slaving away on that thing for months and months trying to catch up to a true budget truck, I'll be driving and enjoying mine.

He's been down this road before. He sunk a ton of money in a 1st gen, and I bought it from him for a few grand... It was a complete pile of **** with no brakes and ****ed up steering... I foolishly assumed that because he was DRAG RACING it, that it might actually stop and steer. My mistake for trusting someone. It was worth more than what I paid for it in the parts, and I got my money out of it.