is this a steal or what?

Forrest, what exactly would your top dollar be for a "hunk of **** " like this? How much do you figure it would part out for?

I honestly wouldn't waste my time on it, but I'd try to pick it up for $500-800 and TRY to get $1500 out of it

newb, I've owned more 12v trucks than you've ever beat off to on the internet...

I've worked on even more.

I love 12 valves. I just hate wasting money... I don't like raggedy pieces of **** that need $10-15k or more just to hang with a CR with a programmer... Only to turn around and MAYBE get $4500 out of it. I bought my current '03 for $4500. I had Michael at HotRodDiesels build the tranny and I put a little tune on it...

While he's slaving away on that thing for months and months trying to catch up to a true budget truck, I'll be driving and enjoying mine.

He's been down this road before. He sunk a ton of money in a 1st gen, and I bought it from him for a few grand... It was a complete pile of **** with no brakes and ****ed up steering... I foolishly assumed that because he was DRAG RACING it, that it might actually stop and steer. My mistake for trusting someone. It was worth more than what I paid for it in the parts, and I got my money out of it.

Not a " newb " sorry. Just have a low post count here. I currently have 3 first gens, a 08 dmax, 3 excavators, backhoe, dozer, tractor, 2 dump trucks, a tractor trailer, and a few other diesels around. Before that I was a mechanic at a public works department. Now that we have jacked pur legs and pissed on each other we should get back to the point. Even you said to buy it and dump it for 1500. Its worth a grand. Out of all my cars and trucks, my 93, which is far from mint ( far far ), gets alot of attention. I get stopped in town all the time and get questions and thums up. I guess some poeple enjoy looking at the older trucks and could care less about the new ones because the new ones are everywhere, and the old ones are rusting away forever.*bdh*

Sorry, I'm just bitter about his last 1st gen... The thing wouldn't be worth my time at $1k if it was parked next door. the 1st gen engines just don't fetch enough to make it worth MY while.

I LOVE 12 valves. I just take insult when people assume that anyone with a CR in their thread has never turned a wrench and knows nothing about 12v's. I've never actually gotten that kind of attack here, it usually comes from some punk kid on the 1st gen forum on the "other" site.

my apologies for the severity of my lashing :eek:

i bought my 1st gen for 1k had a blown brake line an tps was bad. the guy thought the tranny was smoked. offered a grand started it up an he drove it home for me.

dead thread but ill put in my .02 for a grand i woulda bought that truck in a heart beat. i bought my 160k mile 1990 5spd D250 for $2300. and a 500k mile 92 5spd W250 with no engine for $1000 and looked almost in the shape of this truck. I took them both and made one hell of a truck. That was 4 years ago when i was 16. Most people think that im just some "punk" kid that wants to cover 9 blocks in a black cloud. But in reality, if i can make a 700 horse truck on fuel only and not have it smoke at all, i would. Thats one thing that some of my friends dont understand. I am also proud to say, with only $500 in after market parts, and being $100 for a dennyT pin, and a $400 Valair clutch. She will inch a way from my friend Travis' 2003 6spd CR with a smarty or Edge Juice ( he has ran both) in a 1/4 mile. And for a 20-21 year old truck, id call that impressive. Im not saying thats all ive done to it but thats all the performance parts its got. The rest is off of other years of dodges like 2nd gen intercooler and intake horn, a hybrid HX35, etc. Now my 24v is pathetic :bang partly because its an auto, also cuz i all i have is a smarty, and to be honest. This "Plug n Play" on the newer trucks just doesnt seem right to me.

EDIT- oh and Richie, id kill to have your 93 lol

Last edited:
believe it or not, i have the chance to pick up this truck tomorrow for 1k $ cash money

i believe its a 92 but i still haven't gotten any hard evidence.

2wd 12v intercooled, rotary pump, with OD trans.

im guessing its a 3/4 ton but i was surprised to see cab lights.

anywayz, the body has some issues but no major rust and i dont care cause obviously, i have a daily driver... i want to make it the ugliest, fastest 12v i have ever owned LOL

2011-01-29_16-44-09_131.jpg

2011-01-29_16-44-16_355.jpg

2011-01-29_16-45-33_479.jpg

2011-01-29_16-45-55_894.jpg

the interior is pretty clean besides it being RED:doh:
what do you guys think the value of this truck is?

it has a clean title and the owner says he starts it up once a year and has a bunch of extra parts for it. also has a new radiator and hoses....

also i have the stock turbo off my 97' p-pumped motor and IIRC its bigger and wastegated differently correct?

I say get it. Cant have enough first gens in texas. On a side note been out to 90 lately i think i remember you from highlifter or arcticchat. Went a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty tore up.
Heres a pic of my truck needs a head gasket but its not a dd so not a priority right now.
3of3p43lb5O45T55W4b1uf1cd86829b161d9d.jpg

You won't need a lock up tranny, or a p pump to make this truck fast. Remember, these trucks are very light, and have the best low end torque. The VE pump trucks can be made to stick with most chipped trucks. My 89 is no super human rig, is only at 300 horses, but will hold its own against a 450 horse ( heavy ) truck. You can build up what you have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lscux4doFTI

9.36 @ 71.55 MPH is pretty quick, what does that 89' have done to it? It looks like it leaves pretty well but falls on it's face at the top end. Might want to raise the chip or fueling module's rev limiter settings.

9.36 @ 71.55 MPH is pretty quick, what does that 89' have done to it? It looks like it leaves pretty well but falls on it's face at the top end. Might want to raise the chip or fueling module's rev limiter settings.

He's too scared to raise his rev limiter, Richie is known as the 3200 spring chicken. :lolly:

The only hard parts that have been updated is 4 inch exhaust, powerstroke intercooler, S300G turbo. The fuel system is still the stock injectors, lift pump, injection pump. ( the external screw settings are not stock ).
The tranny is all stock including the converter. I assume the " chip or fueling module's rev limiter settings " is made to be a joke. ( I hope ).

ANd yes, I have been called the spring chicken.:rockwoot:

EDIT- oh and Richie, id kill to have your 93 lol

Thanks, but she is not a cream puff. It can't be because I built it.:cheer:

Here is a small build thread. These old trucks can be saved. It really should have been scrapped, but I liked it to much and I promised my buddie I got it from I would save it if he sold it to me. It was his baby when it was new, now its mine.:blahblah1:

1stGen.org View topic - My project

newb, I've owned more 12v trucks than you've ever beat off to on the internet...

I've worked on even more.

This is one of the funniest things i have ever read from a guy with 11,000 posts.....

Forrest don't have a clue he's talking to a 1st gen Adninistrator does he.
The guru of 12v
The king of KDP

I laughed outloud when i read his post.

:hehe::group:

Thanks, but she is not a cream puff. It can't be because I built it.:cheer:

oh no, you either run the nuts off of a 1st gen or you put it to work. or in my case, run the nuts off of it while towing lol its still a nice truck