Isspro, Stewart Warner, or Autometer?

i like the black and white Isspros. i bought the Autometer Z-series and im not sold on them. dont get me wrong, they are a great gauge but i dont like the face and needle. they seem "thin" IMO. although i tend to be rather pick about small things like that. i would love to trade for some Isspros!;)

Isspro Performax with the ability to data log are awesome!!!
I loved them in the race truck. Max recall and data log features are great!!!

I have had the best luck with Isspro.
My stewart warner gauges are ok. I don't think the quality is as good as the others
Had autometers a while back. I don't remember having any problems.

I prefer ISSPRO, but I'm just a wee bit biased ;)

Here are the things I think set ISSPRO apart:
1. Factory dash matching - for the popular diesel pickups we work hard to match all of the aspects of the factory gauges. If you look closely at the pointer hubs, fonts, colors and things like that, we try to make the gauges look like they could have come from the factory.
2. Experience in the diesel market - we've been doing diesel gauges since the start of the company in 1949! Our products are used by OEMs in heavy trucks, military, construction/ag, and marine applications. We test at the diesel events all of you attend &/or read about in the magazines.
3. Temperature compensated pyrometers. Without this feature you could be reading over 100°F too low on a hot day and heavy load. Have I been running 1250° or 1350° as I pulled that grade for the past 10 minutes? ;)

Finally - all of our "modern" designs (everything designed since I joined the company over 5 years ago) are built right here in Portland Oregon. Certain other brands have gone completely offshore with their manufacturing.

If you have any questions please feel free to post or email me.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I have had autometers and isspros and I like isspro. My autometer boost gauge always flutters and is very erratic.

I have had autometers and isspros and I like isspro. My autometer boost gauge always flutters and is very erratic.

X2 on the Autometer boost gauge.

I also vote Isspro. I have had both Isspro and Autometer, and the Autometer LED gauges will blind you at night. I realize they can be dimmed, but it still doesn't help. On my last 800 mile trip, I made a special stop at a gas station just to put duct tape over the entire face of the gauge. My night-time visibility literally increase by 50%.

I'd buy more Isspros. Never had Autometers.

Here's the thing that bugs me about Autometers. The needles (and bezels on most of em) don't look factory. I know gauges crawling up the pillar isn't the most factory look there is, but I like them to be as close as possible. I just think it looks a lot cleaner that way.

Plus Isspro makes good junk!:D And Michael is great to deal with if you ever need anything. That is a big chunk of the reason my next truck will almost certianly get Isspro.

Imo I like how isspro has the color matchning gauges im certainly looking into getting a set soon

its a MAJOR pet peeve of mine that all my gauges match. I feel its important that you have consistency across the board so you don't get distracted by a blue gauge here, a black gauge here, and a white gauge there. That being said, Isspros seem to match the best. I have yet to try the new Autometer factory match, but I have no reason to after my Isspros do such a good job.

Always had autometers and never had an issue, I have the pro comp ultra lites, silver w / silver face and orange needles. I like the look of them, dont really care for the black face gauges but thats just me

Had trouble with two isspro pyros, had trouble with a isspro trans guage. Switched to all autometers and same in dads race truck. Just bought autometers for the 2010 also.

Had trouble with two isspro pyros, had trouble with a isspro trans guage. Switched to all autometers and same in dads race truck. Just bought autometers for the 2010 also.

Were these the old EV series with the amplifier boxes? Did we take care of you on warranty? Please let me know. The newer designs (EV2 and Performax) are much more robust, and pass industry tests that the competition's gauges will not.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Autometer in my dmax and isspro in my cummins. Hate the isspro gauges. Pyro will just randomly go to 650* at idle some times.

Autometer in my dmax and isspro in my cummins. Hate the isspro gauges. Pyro will just randomly go to 650* at idle some times.

Is this the older EV series with the amplifier box? Please let me know, we will make it right.

Regards,
Michael Pliska