Jeep with diesel conversion

carcrafter22

Selling 2001 Diesel powered Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ. The jeep was originally a 2wd laredo model and has been converted to 4wd using a stock front d30 axle. The original 4.0L engine was knocking at 92,000 miles so it was pulled and an isuzu 4bd1t diesel engine was installed. The drive train is all very heavy duty and professionally done. Interior is in great shape with NO tears or marks anywhere.

Interior is a 9 out of 10, exterior is 8.5 out of 10.

Below is a list of all that was done.

2001 Jeep grand cherokee laredo WJ model
Clayton long arm 4" suspension lift
converted to 4WD stock axles 3.55 gears
265/75/16 cooper tires 150 miles on them, still new
Isuzu 4bd1T diesel engine rebuilt with 45,000 miles on it, custom 370cc injection pump ($3500 new by itself) custom 5X14 injectors $800 new both from shied diesel performance, custom valve springs to spin the engine at higher rpm if needed, HE351 turbo, custom serpentine belt drive (isuzu's come with V belts )engine is approximately 350hp at the rear wheels
New starter
New130 amp alternator
New a/c compressor (a/c blows ice cold)
Factory computer has been reprogrammed to delete the SKIM module (can use regular non chipped keys)
Factory sending unit has been modified with 1/2" draw straw
1/2" fuel line
Airdog/Raptor 100 lift pump
2005 4L80E transmission with performance rebuild and custom converter roughly 125 miles on it
BW4401 transfer case, very heavy duty only came in 1ton truck models
3.5" exhaust
custom 4" mandrel bent intake
Large top mount intercooler

The jeep was built as a daily driver/play toy but its time for a new project. As far as trades I'm interested in classic trucks or modern vans or just anything unusual or cool (NO DODGE vehicles will be considered unless its a 1950's power wagon) Not sure what kinda mileage it gets haven't drive it it enough.

The bad:
-Needs front driveshaft and Tcase shifter to make 4wd work (transfer case works perfectly, already tested.)
-Exhaust could stand to be redone, it hits the trans crossmember slightly and rattles sometimes.
-I do have the stock hood in excellent condition. Hood needs to be cut out in the middle and have a scoop installed or just remove the intercooler and run a crossover pipe instead, egt's would be manageable but wouldn't wanna tow with it that way.
- Cruise control doesn't work since I don't have it hooked up.

Those are the only things wrong with it.

Looking to sell for $10,500 or trade, not sure what I am looking for maybe a newer model chevy or ford van, jetta TDI, classic truck like a 50's power wagon, mid 60's chevy or ford truck. Let me know what ya got.

Thanks
Randy

Last edited:
Gonna show the little lady this one. She keeps saying she wants to sell her common rail and get an suv style vehicle this is best of both worlds!!!!!

Drive this thing some more, I'm curious on the mileage.

Thanks for posting up the trades guys, I'm looking for something with more room honestly. The only thing in a single cab that would intreats me would be a 1950's power wagon or 65 chevy shorted. Never know though post up if it's a cool trade maybe we can make a deal.

As for mpg I'd estimate it around 21-22mpg but I haven't actually checked it since I don't daily drive it. When the motor was stock in my old ford truck it got 32mpg city. Now it has a custom pump and injectors from scheids along with the he351 turbo it drinks a little more fuel.

I was contemplating about getting something that got around 30 mpg. This thing would be awesome if it still did. I may have to come look at it since we're both in burleson.