Jeep Wrangler with a 12 valve cummins? yes!

DieselJeep52

Cummins Converter
finally almost done with my jeep wrangler build powered by the 12valve cummins out of a 95 ram. body stretched 20.5 inches at the dooor, finally have room in a jeep. front half of frame from the donor 95. drivetrain moved back 12 inches. 6x2x.25 tubing for rear frame, 4 link suspension in rear. factory control arms front. 14" coilovers up front 16" Coilovers in rear. coils will be here tomrrow so no pic of them on yet. shortended up the tcase by putting a jb conversions super short conversion with a 1410 fixed yoke now. shortened it by 9 inches. 70 rear 60 front 4.10 gears 40 inch tires. etc etc etc ask for more answer. this is what happens when you have too many beers and a little extra cash sitting around. now i drink much more to forget about that extra cash i no longer have:Cheer:

Attachments

• IMG00092-20090503-1636.jpg
    IMG00092-20090503-1636.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG00049-20090414-1933.jpg
    IMG00049-20090414-1933.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 106
  • pre-teardown.jpg
    pre-teardown.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 103
  • J9 build pics 044.jpg
    J9 build pics 044.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 91
  • J9 build pics 039.jpg
    J9 build pics 039.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 61
  • J9 build pics 012.jpg
    J9 build pics 012.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 93
ive got lots more pics that i need to put up but takes too long. Started doing some wiring last night, and realised why i hate wiring. ive got the fuel shutoff solenoid wired up now. I flip one switch to power up the holley pump pushing my fuel to the pump, and as i do that it energizes the solenoid, and then when i push the starter button it will kick the pump on and hold it till i shut off the holley pump which will then kill the power to solenoid and let close up again. hopefully tonight ill have some fuel in the thing finally and get it fired up. see how many leaks i have. noticed one of my fuel lines looks like it is about to blow from where something has been rubbing it

got it running last night!!! the old girl fired up surprisingly easy for sitting for almost a year and a half.

Thats awesome, that'll make all your fellow jeepers jealous when your in need of bottom end torque!

Lavon

yep. now i just gotta finish getting everything buttoned up before the 4wd jamboree in lima on saturday

Thanks guys!! i took friday off of work, worked all day, and all through the night, we made the first trip out of the shop in a year and a half on its own power at 6:45am, then returned to finish up all the odds and ends in order for full operation, pulled out about 1pm for the four wheel drive Jamboree in Lima, Ohio. Turned some serious heads with it. I was getting a real kick out of all the people that kept asking me if it was a 4bt. i just laughed at them.

Attachments

• IMG00127-20090516-1644.jpg
    IMG00127-20090516-1644.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Media CardBlackBerrypicturesIMG00128-20090517-1453.jpg
    Media CardBlackBerrypicturesIMG00128-20090517-1453.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 62
oh and please let me know what to do about my death wobble when i hit a bump!! ive read about it before, but scared the **** out of me when i can watch the tire do it 2ft in front of me. any easy way to fix, or just make my own steering linkage?

oh and please let me know what to do about my death wobble when i hit a bump!! ive read about it before, but scared the **** out of me when i can watch the tire do it 2ft in front of me. any easy way to fix, or just make my own steering linkage?

How is your steering setup? Have any pictures? With that much lift I hope you have a cross-over setup at least.

:bow: Awesome conversion :rockwoot: I hope we get to see some pictures of it in action :pop:

well its factory linkage, but with a drop pitman arm. i thought i might have some issues, but didnt have the time to fix it as of now cause i wanted to get it out in front of the public. but now i realise it needs immediate attention. what are you guys with the big tires and lift doing on yours?

Factory 95 linkage? The 98/99 trucks used a T style connection with the front tires connected together, the other 2nd gens used an inverted y-design that is just a poor design. I would look into a crossover steering setup or at least something that links the front tires together better. Thuren Fabrication sells a pre-built setup that would probably work very well

Back