Jesse??? traction bar

I did not produce any of the new design I had worked up...as you can imagine, so many things came together at once for me (new shop, moving, etc).

I am now making three styles of traction bars...the third of which (gyro joints) are still on backorder. (I called about 2 weeks ago, and was told they were still 30 days out).

Heres a quick breakdown:

Stage 1 : 1.9" OD x.200" wall seamless steel pipe bars, with 3/4" shank x 5/8" bolt QA1 self lubricating kevlar/teflon lined heim joint, threaded top and bottom/right and left hand thread for full adjustment while mounted on the truck. These are a single bar solid style mount, which utilizes laser cut weld-on tabs for the axle end, and a bolt on frame rail bracket for use on c-channel frames.

(these bars have a upgrade to all chromoly rod ends for extreme duty applications)

This bar is very popular with sled pullers, but can easily handle the job of a daily driver that sees occasional off-road, yet does not have the desire to ever maintain the joints.

tb_1_b.jpg

30793.jpg

Stage 2 : 1.9" OD x.200" wall seamless steel pipe bars, with 1" shank x 9/16" bolt Ballistic 2.635" (zinc coated) fully rebuildable/greasable flex joints, threaded top and bottom/right and left hand thread for full adjustment while mounted on the truck. These are a single bar solid style mount, which utilizes laser cut weld-on tabs for the axle end, and a bolt on frame rail bracket for use on c-channel frames.

These bars are good for all driving styles, but really shine in the harsh conditions of the northern climate. Best suited for drivers who keep good maintenance as far as greasing.

33366.JPG

Stage 3 : 1.9" OD x.200" wall seamless steel pipe bars, with 1" shank x 2" ball fully greasable/rebuildable Gyro joints* (with 2 choices of rubber insert stiffnesses), the bottom can be paired with the either the previous heim joint option, or the johnny joint. Threaded top and bottom/right and left hand thread for full adjustment while mounted on the truck. These are a single bar solid style mount, which utilizes laser cut weld-on tabs for the axle end, and a bolt on frame rail bracket for use on c-channel frames.

*Gyro joints are fully greaseable/rebuildable, have no limit in misalignment, high range of vertical motion, and have a slight fore-aft range of movement matching the deformation of the rubber bushings inside the joint housing (this is used to cushion the difference in the 'arc' motion of the traction bar, in comparison to the 'elliptical' motion of the leaf springs; this distortion only occurs during extremely heaving loading...they will not distort from acceleration alone). This style joint is a longer lasting joint recommended for harsh conditions, a truck that is planned to be owned for a lifetime, or on a truck seeing extreme amounts of tongue or bed weight. They also tend dampen road jarring and imperfections transfered into the frame.

30789.jpg

30795.jpg

30788.jpg

I might add...despite joint upgrades, rebuild options, etc....we have yet to have any failures on ANY set of bars we have produced, and well as not the slightest complaint.

Feel free to give me a shout if you would like Brian...I mainly put all this information in this thread for my own reference LOL

- Jesse
(239) 337 LIFT

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jesse!!!!

I think I want the stage 3. Let me know when you able to get the joints.

BG

LOL, I been wanting to get them since we did the lift, remember you quit getting the joints right when I got all my stuff from you!!!

BG

LOL, I been wanting to get them since we did the lift, remember you quit getting the joints right when I got all my stuff from you!!!

BG

If only.... I have had one joint (the one the old company used in their display) for all that time; not being able to come across one more to be able to make a set :bang

LOL just keep me posted!!! I hope to get down to your shop in June if everything works out!!!

BG

I lost my cheatsheet on the frame specs of each vehicle during my move into the new shop. I can tell you this, if its a c-channel frame...i can make a suitable length bar not only fit, but perform well.

I do not sell units for boxed frame rails...if the customer wants to retrofit it, it is totally up to them. That brackets are made as simple as possible as to encounter as few problems as possible throughout various truck styles.

Also, on the dodges with upside down u bolts, i will have a bolt on lower mount ready to go here in about a week.

I never showed a completed pic with the bars installed did I?

How bout a pic, and a vid:

30802.jpg

32889.jpg

32887.jpg

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p115/PSDTrav/Videos/?action=view&current=DSCN0367.flv

Jesse will that new joint for the stage two fit my bars and the mounts? Let me know you have my number!!!!!

Jesse will that new joint for the stage two fit my bars and the mounts? Let me know you have my number!!!!!

They are a different body width...you would have to move your lower tabs apart, and get my wider frame brackets....but i could get them with a 3/4" shank to fit your bars.

For your driving style, and as long as those old joints that i used to sell have lasted...i think you will see a 300% improvement even with just going to the new self lubricating heims. The zinc coated finish on them should stay shiny gold also, rather than the black steel on your current heims.

Shoot me an email bud, ill get you taken care of on that.

what would be the best for a stock ride height, with about 4 sled pulls a year, and tows about 15klbs

what would be the best for a stock ride height, with about 4 sled pulls a year, and tows about 15klbs

15K....i would prefer a Stage 3...but the gains are lessened by it being at stock height (flat leafs, flat bar angle = similar paths of motion). You could also run stage 2 with no problems I am sure.

Being up north, i dont think i would recommend stage 1 to you.

Heres a couple pics I just took of a new frame bracket that we are doing with both the Stage 1 and Stage 2 bars...it is much more compact to be used more universally, as well as fully formed with fewer welds (1 peice) for strength, as well as the new axle tabs with increased welding surface.

(picture shows grade 5 hardware...kits come with grade 8)

33557.JPG

33558.JPG

I Have 4 Of The Older Black Hemis Brand New Never Installed ..

Best Offer Takes Them....hell Any Offer Takes Them.....i Upgraded To The Gold Ones